• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Harrison (Ted) Loxton

Harrison (Ted) Loxton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 March 2023 - 04:04 PM

Does anyone know of a way to put 2 different colour fascia and gutter on the house? 

I'd like to put white on the white sections and charcoal grey on the darker sections of a house, but have never found a way to use more than 1 colour.

#2 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 01 March 2023 - 04:18 PM

Currently, I don't think it can be easily done ... Hopefully in 2024 they add some more options.

As far as I'm concerned EVERY item should have the ability to add multiple different finishes to it.

There should be an item AND a finish, so that every item could possibly have any available finish.

• David Zawadzki, Harrison (Ted) Loxton, Rob Vanderwoerd and 1 other like this
Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#3 Harrison (Ted) Loxton

Harrison (Ted) Loxton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 March 2023 - 04:28 PM

Agreed - thanks Keith.  I've been using Softplan for about 600 years +/-, and have thought of it many times, but never asked the question 'til now.

#4 Matthew Dunson

Matthew Dunson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 01 March 2023 - 04:57 PM

As far as I'm concerned EVERY item should have the ability to add multiple different finishes to it.

There should be an item AND a finish, so that every item could possibly have any available finish.

I do wish there was control over every (or most) item finishes just because of how SoftPlan structures symbols and 3D content to where they are either their own individual model or items such as cabinets and shutters reference internal models. Various item types are still unable to have multiple finishes on them when used in numerous areas of a project without making a duplicate symbol that is stored in the SoftPlan Library. I believe SoftPlan will eventually expand the capabilities to assign finish materials to all (if not most) items as time goes on in future versions of the software or as intermediate updates between versions.

#5 Fred Dickson

Fred Dickson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 01 March 2023 - 07:39 PM

It would be a pain, but could you use a profile and draw it in the 3D mode.  It would be its own type so you could color it separate from other gutters.  I imagine it would be tricky for outside corners, etc and not worth the trouble.  

#6 Harrison (Ted) Loxton

Harrison (Ted) Loxton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 March 2023 - 03:07 PM

I ended up exporting the image into sketchup, then rendering it out.

I'm happy with the end result, but wish I could've save a step or two by having multiple gutter styles.

Attached Files

• Attached File  test.jpg   123.59KB   2 downloads

#7 Allen McDonnell

Allen McDonnell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 02 March 2023 - 03:15 PM

Wow....that is a HUGE tree in the back right corner!!! HA!

#8 Harrison (Ted) Loxton

Harrison (Ted) Loxton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 March 2023 - 07:39 PM

Wow....that is a HUGE tree in the back right corner!!! HA!

nah, it's a small house! haha

• Gary McKeon, Mike Adams and Allen McDonnell like this

#9 John Penner

John Penner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 March 2023 - 05:53 PM

Currently, I don't think it can be easily done ... Hopefully in 2024 they add some more options.

I agree. also when we edit an item is should be a choice "change this item only" or "all items like this" 

#10 Kathy Penner

Kathy Penner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 27 March 2023 - 01:54 PM

It would also be nice to be able to put two finishes on the same wall.  Or maybe there is a way.  There are lots of houses that have the bottom part a different color than the top.

Or maybe there is a way and I just don't know how.

Kathy

#11 Henry Buckner

Henry Buckner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 27 March 2023 - 02:09 PM

You would have to make a wall definition that has "Siding A" on the lower part of the wall and "Siding B" on the upper part. Different sidings can have different colors.

• Kathy Penner likes this

#12 Ron Sirolli

Ron Sirolli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 28 March 2023 - 07:44 AM

Kathy Go into interior and add wall covering and then you can edit to the height you would like

• Kathy Penner likes this

#13 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 28 March 2023 - 11:16 AM

2024 looks like it will have the ability to have 2 different fascia etc. colours ... Although not sure about eavestroughs. Should be configurable now.

• John Jones likes this
Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#14 Bruce Lodge

Bruce Lodge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 March 2023 - 05:36 PM

yes 2024 has finishes for several things, soffit, gutters, fascia. 

Waiting for each side of openings, doors and such!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users