#1 James Quesenberry

James Quesenberry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationSouth West Virginia

Posted 15 October 2015 - 09:02 AM

I have created a wall type with a small amount of stone on the front and would like to have the stone show up on the floor plan in addition to the siding. Is it possible to this?

Thank you,

Attached Thumbnails

• Stone.png

#2 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 15 October 2015 - 09:17 AM

Not in addition to ... to show the stone, INSTEAD of the siding, you can adjust the DISPLAY HEIGHT, so It cuts through the stone.

As a workaround you could have a NONE Material show as a single line on the line of the outside of the stone, but full height.

Personally I always adjust the DISPLAY HEIGHT to show the stone. There's less chance of anchor bolts and framing being in the wrong place on site.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#3 Bill Beatson

Bill Beatson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationPerth Scotland

Posted 29 October 2015 - 03:54 AM

Hi,

Can I use "DISPLAY HEIGHT" with V.14? I can't see where that option is.

Cheers

Bill Beatson

#4 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 29 October 2015 - 06:22 AM

Can't remember whether that is in v14 ... I suspect not. However it's here in 2016, in the wall definition.

Attached Thumbnails

• 2015.10.29_08h20m23s_001.png

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#5 Yvon Gonthier

Yvon Gonthier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 29 October 2015 - 06:23 AM

Not sure if display height was available in version 14 (might be hard for most people to answer because not to many people have version 14 still available). If it's available, see the centre column on the wall definition in the attached file. Presently, it's at default 44.5"
If you check the box, then you can enter a different display height. Your display height is shown by an horizontal dotted line on the wall section.

Attached Thumbnails

• Display height.JPG

#6 Bill Beatson

Bill Beatson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationPerth Scotland

Posted 02 November 2015 - 09:11 AM

Hi, Yvon, Thanks for pointing that out. Then "Display Height" is not an option with v.14.

I keep putting off upgrading because v.14 still does 95% of what I need and it's hard to justify the cost for the extra 5%!

Bill Beatson

#7 Yvon Gonthier

Yvon Gonthier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 02 November 2015 - 10:37 AM

Hi, Yvon, Thanks for pointing that out. Then "Display Height" is not an option with v.14.

I keep putting off upgrading because v.14 still does 95% of what I need and it's hard to justify the cost for the extra 5%!

Bill Beatson

True but your 95% would be more efficient. It would take a little getting use to but worth it. There is always a danger that some things might not work properly or be supported when your to many versions behind. Not sure for example if when you have to update to Windows 10 (or more recent of the program you're using) if it will have an impact or not?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users