Photo

Hurricane Straps Not Showing in 3D

3D Modes Framing Mode Wall Framing Wall Strapping 2024 New Features Missing Features Errors

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 PDH Drafting

PDH Drafting

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 April 2023 - 03:03 PM

Has anyone gotten then new Hurricane Strap feature to work properly as shown in the preview article? https://ww2.softplan.../?page_id=11468

According to the article, SoftPlan added this feature and it appears to be a 3D feature as well.

However, I haven't been able to get the 3D aspect of this feature working. The check boxes show up in framing mode but they don't seem to actually do anything yet.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong here? (Example image taken using the 2024 tutorial projects; however, the issue persists in personal projects as well).

EDIT: Rafter hangers from https://ww2.softplan.../?page_id=11451 do not seem to be working in 3D either.

Attached Files

#2 Matthew Dunson

Matthew Dunson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 13 April 2023 - 03:08 PM

This might be the potential problem but make sure your material is enabled in 3D Framing Mode for it. To check this, go to 'Options' and 'Material'. Then navigate to Building - Walls and see if your Hurricane Display Checkbox is enabled. If it is not checked, this may be the reason they are not showing up in 3D. If your checkbox is also enabled and it still won't display, I would also check to see if the material is at 100% opacity under the Lighting tab in the material properties menu.

#3 Allen McDonnell

Allen McDonnell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 13 April 2023 - 03:23 PM

Hi Russell, i would send in a ticket to support.  I learned today that's now the primary method for support requests.  

Attached Files

• Attached File  xx22.jpg   28.61KB   2 downloads

• Matthew Dunson likes this

#4 PDH Drafting

PDH Drafting

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 April 2023 - 08:14 AM

Matthew, there doesn't seem to be a checkbox in extraction options for it.

EDIT: I just realized you were talking about materials and I was looking in extraction options. Thank you so much! (I honestly don't know why that wasn't turned on by default)

Allen, I went ahead and made a ticket. I just wanted to ask the community if anyone else was having this problem or not first.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 3D Modes, Framing Mode, Wall Framing, Wall Strapping, 2024, New Features, Missing Features, Errors

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users