15 replies to this topic

#1 Dave Pazyniak

Dave Pazyniak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 13 May 2023 - 06:58 AM

I have just upgraded to the new version, and everything in my project is now very noticeably slower.  Changing drawing mode, erasing an item, going back and forth from plan to 3D. I have also installed the latest patch when I restarted this morning.  Is this common? Anyone have a fix?  I have restarted softplan and my computer...

Thanks,

Dave

#2 Dave Pazyniak

Dave Pazyniak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 13 May 2023 - 07:15 AM

And it seems like I can no longer boot 20222...

#3 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 13 May 2023 - 02:49 PM

You might have overwritten the Softplan default directory, and the old directory may be renamed so the Shortcuts don't work. Try and go to the actual EXE file and run that.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#4 Jason Bishop

Jason Bishop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 13 May 2023 - 09:22 PM

It ridiculously slow. Especially Ullustrated mode.

SoftPlan please fix.
  • Jack Carson likes this

#5 David Zawadzki

David Zawadzki

Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 13 May 2023 - 10:58 PM

It ridiculously slow. Especially Ullustrated mode.

SoftPlan please fix.

Curious what video card are you using?
Award winning Design+Builder with over 40 years of construction experience. Homes built in Michigan, Utah and Idaho. Construction projects in CA, AZ, NV, ID, UT, NE, MO, NM, FL, GA, NY, and MI.

https://idahocustomhomes.weebly.com/

Twinmotion 2024, Autocad, SoftPlan 2024, Solidbuilder, Chief Architect X15, Sketchup, 3D Home Architect, etc.

CyberPowerPC Syber Forti SFG9EX Gaming Desktop Computer, Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz, 32GB RAM, 3TB HDD + 1TB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 10GB, Windows 10 Pro

.Disclaimer: I'm not saying I'm Superman. All I am saying is no one has seen Superman and me in the same room together.<p><p>

Softplan user since 1989

#6 Dave Pazyniak

Dave Pazyniak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 14 May 2023 - 06:11 AM

This is not just rendering slow. It often takes a few seconds for the dialog box to come up when I click on an item to edit it.  I re-installed 2022 as 2024 is not functional as it is and I don't have time to re-install it and hope it works better...

• Rick Kingsbury likes this

#7 Brent Hyndman

Brent Hyndman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 15 May 2023 - 12:26 PM

Dave, Jason,

Please create a ticket if you have not already. Support is now through tickets and no longer through this forum.

If we see your projects and 3D settings we can better determine what you are experiencing. Add any relevant information such as video card specifications and examples of commands that exhibit the lag.

#8 Dave Pazyniak

Dave Pazyniak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 17 May 2023 - 06:14 AM

I re-installed 2022, and have been using it to finish up a project.  I went back into 2024 to make a ticket, and it seems to be working fine.  I will send a ticket if the issues return.  Thanks...

#9 Dave Pazyniak

Dave Pazyniak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 18 May 2023 - 06:20 AM

Looks like my issue was too many beams (or how those beams worked together). I created a decorative structure to be suspended from the ceiling in an event space, for a rendering.  42 long beams forming a rectangle.  re-designing that structure to be rendered with solids instead of beams seems to have eliminated any lag I was experiencing.  Thanks to tech support for the help!

#10 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 18 May 2023 - 08:31 AM

So, if we have a beamed structure, we need to use solids instead of beams? Seems silly to me. Why have beams then?

Mark Petri

Petri Building and Design

#11 Bill Wimberley

Bill Wimberley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
  • LocationSan Angelo, TX

Posted 18 May 2023 - 09:56 AM

2024 is not slow for me, I have a really fast computer. But it does pause for a few seconds every few minutes and I have to wait for it to finish whatever it's doing and then it is fine again. Not something I can really send in for support to look at since it's not specific to any particular drawing. It happens with all drawings.

#12 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 18 May 2023 - 11:36 AM

Maybe it is your automatic save interval?

Mark Petri

#13 Dave Pazyniak

Dave Pazyniak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 18 May 2023 - 01:06 PM

I’m not sure, Mark. I thought it was the logical way to draw what I needed to show. They thought my issues was “too many overlapping beams”, and they have the tech guy trying to correct the issue. Changing to so,ids was just a quick way for me toco tinge on with the project while they work it out…

#14 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 18 May 2023 - 02:39 PM

I hope they work out the quirks. I have held off on using 2024 for now. Only using it when I want to try things without any commitment to having to finalize a current project.

Mark Petri

#15 Jason Bishop

Jason Bishop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 24 May 2023 - 07:46 PM

Dave, Jason,

Please create a ticket if you have not already. Support is now through tickets and no longer through this forum.

If we see your projects and 3D settings we can better determine what you are experiencing. Add any relevant information such as video card specifications and examples of commands that exhibit the lag.

Ticket created.
So frustrating.

#16 John Pepper

John Pepper

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 406 posts

Posted 26 May 2023 - 08:50 AM

Many systems (laptops) have multiple graphics cards. On those systems you can configure which applications use a high performance graphics card and which use the more energy efficient graphics card.
SoftPlan listens to your systems configuration when it can and will use the more energy efficient card when configured to do so.
To change a SoftPlan installation to use a high performance graphics card follow the instructions here.

• Brent Hyndman likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users