Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationPerth Scotland

Posted 29 October 2015 - 04:23 AM

Hi

I use V.14 -

I created a new curved Roof Profile using - Draw > Solid > Arc Plane > Horizontal - and saved it as a new symbol "Curved Roof" in the System Library alongside the standard Convex and Concave profiles. However, when I select it in "roof" mode the system draws a standard hipped roof.

I can draw the roof in "drawing" mode and it "stacks" upon the walls at the correct height but it doesn't behave like a roof as the walls beneath the raised curved sections do not "fit top to roof". Am I expecting too much?

Also, can I give the curved roof a thickness as it just displays as a thin line.

Cheers

Bill Beatson

Attached File  curved roofs.pdf   98.68KB   119 downloads

#2 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 29 October 2015 - 06:32 AM

I don't think that an arc plane is the correct way to draw a profile. Just use lines and arcs to define a profile shape, and try it again. You only need to define a 2D shape to create the profile - the SOLID is a 3D shape.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#3 Bill Beatson

Bill Beatson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationPerth Scotland

Posted 29 October 2015 - 03:12 PM

Thanks Keith I'll try that.

I've discovered an old drawing I did about 5 years ago that appears to have been created that way - but I can't remember how I did it!

Cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users