#1 Dennis Asher

Dennis Asher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • LocationWillow Springs, Missouri

Posted 16 May 2023 - 07:58 AM

Has anyone had to rotate the satellite image after you import it?  My house should be parallel to the road but it isn't.  I see that the image can be rotated but can't for the life of me figure out what I'm doing wrong.  Would love to be able to make this work as it would really help figure out tree removal from the site.  Thanks!

Attached Files

#2 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 16 May 2023 - 08:49 AM

rotate your north arrow?

Mark Petri

Petri Building and Design

#3 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 16 May 2023 - 08:49 AM

In project settings? Or rotate your house.

Mark Petri

#4 Dennis Asher

Dennis Asher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • LocationWillow Springs, Missouri

Posted 16 May 2023 - 09:22 AM

rotate your north arrow?

Hi Mark, My north arrow is correct as it relates to the site plan.

In project settings? Or rotate your house.

And my house is orientated correctly for the site plan.  It just seems that the site image is skewed as it relates to the site plan.  Help file says I can rotate the image by rotating the geo-location point but I can't seem to get it to rotate.  I looks like it is going to rotate but when i do the second click there is no change.  The one thing I'm sure of is that it's me...lol.

#5 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 16 May 2023 - 09:57 AM

Strange. I haven't messed with that in a while as I've found the geo-location is hit or miss for me (probably my error). Hope someone with better insight chimes in.

Mark Petri

#6 Fred Dickson

Fred Dickson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 17 May 2023 - 05:25 AM

I had the exact same issue.  I found no way to rotate the Goggle image.  Same experience you had.  I moved the geo-location around a bit and edited it's location (rt click the location point) and by some magic unknown to me it found the right shape to fit the site plan.  Pain for sure.  However, when I placed the image with the site plan on the plan set (had to do a significant cropping) you can hardly see the image which sort of ruins all the work.  I ended up going to our local tax map, used Snagit to capture the image with the property outlines and building locations, used Snagit to give me a clear background and used that image to overlay with the site and building outline.  So there you go.  

#7 Fred Dickson

Fred Dickson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 17 May 2023 - 05:28 AM

Forgot to add that I used the 2D view of Goggle Earth to fine tune the Longitude and Latitude of the geo-location point.  

#8 Jamie Moyer

Jamie Moyer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 May 2023 - 06:27 PM

I had the exact same issue.  I found no way to rotate the Goggle image.  Same experience you had.  I moved the geo-location around a bit and edited it's location (rt click the location point) and by some magic unknown to me it found the right shape to fit the site plan.  Pain for sure.  However, when I placed the image with the site plan on the plan set (had to do a significant cropping) you can hardly see the image which sort of ruins all the work.  I ended up going to our local tax map, used Snagit to capture the image with the property outlines and building locations, used Snagit to give me a clear background and used that image to overlay with the site and building outline.  So there you go.  

The reason you "can hardly see the image" is that it comes in by default with the layer set to "fade".

Just turn the fade off, and you can see the image fine.

• David Zawadzki likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users