Ben Ginther

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan

Posted 28 January 2015 - 04:23 PM

Hi,

I want to use scissor trusses over a covered deck. How do I draw the gable? I have tried using a separate wall but I cannot rake the bottom and fit to roof. Both the "Rake Bottom - Position" and the "Wall Height - Multi Height" stay the same. They do not change when you try to edit them. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ben

#2 Yvon Gonthier

Yvon Gonthier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 28 January 2015 - 04:44 PM

You have to draw 2 walls because you can only slope the bottom in one direction, it won't adjust as a "V" on the bottom. By drawings 2 walls end to end, you can slope the bottom of the 2 walls individually up toward the peak. Use ceiling (gable) to create your soffit.

#3 Yvon Gonthier

Yvon Gonthier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 28 January 2015 - 04:47 PM

Or, if you want only one wall, create a triangular arch (blank) and insert to fit at the bottom of the wall.

#4 Ben Ginther

Ben Ginther

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan

Posted 29 January 2015 - 01:04 PM

Thank you!  Although I have successfully done this in the past, I could not edit the two walls this time. I tried shutting down and restarting SoftPlan but still no luck. However, the next day all works well.

Thanx again.

Ben

#5 randolph cohn

randolph cohn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • Locationmarin county - california

Posted 29 January 2015 - 02:56 PM

the easiest way to draw a scissor truss is to draw a cathedral ceiling to create the sloped lower chords

and of course the roof creates the sloped upper chords.jpg scissor truss over terrace.JPG

randy

v10 to future 2016+ ;)

#6 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 29 January 2015 - 03:46 PM

I think the issue was more the profile of the end wall than the trusses themselves randy. The roof gable still wants to be flat bottomed!

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users