crashes stopped will not open softplan base

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_Mark Fator_*

Guest_Mark Fator_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 November 2015 - 12:43 PM

V13

I keep incountering files that, when I try to open them, I get the SoftPlan base "Application has stopped working" error. I have close to 1000 projects and need access to the originals but this issue is becoming problematic.

Is there anyone here that might shed some light on this issue? I have sent them to support and they fix them but I have not upgraded due to the economy. It would be nice if there was a Repair tool I could keep on hand.

I tried to upload one of the files. (.spd) but that apparently is not allowed.

Any help would be appiciated.

Edit

I have attached a PDF if the Event Viewer log file.

This issue only manifests itself on a very few files. Reinstalling is a drastic measure and would prefer to explore other options first.

Edit 2

Q11439 V13.4.0

I have located the problem. Back when version 13 came out, Softplan no longer had a window type Picture Slider. I tried to copy the version 12 files and place them within V13 but with limited success (Crashes)

I went through and deleted all references to the Picture Sliders (Search Softplan directory). Wala the file opens! Sure looks like it was that opening. I have attached two .spy files that appear to be involved. Maybe someone could look at it as I use a lot of these windows. Humm, can not attach .spy files either. If some one is interested let me know and I will forward the files.

Attached Files

#2 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 23 November 2015 - 01:07 PM

I would uninstall Softplan, reboot, and reinstall - make sure there are no other applications running, turn off your anti-virus temporarily - reinstall by right clicking and selecting "RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR"

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users