#1 RUSSELL LITTEN

RUSSELL LITTEN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 27 July 2016 - 04:52 PM

General Question

1. Does anyone know of a way to eliminate the 1/1000 of foot decimals from the spot elevations & grade elevations. Example 98.000  I can't see a reason why this even exists, most topos are even digits with exception of certain spot elevations that are to the nearest tenth. I went back to the setup menu and everything is to the 1/1000 of a foot. I even tried to explode each elevation and edit but that doesn't work either.

Thanks Russ

#2 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,098 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 28 July 2016 - 06:28 AM

Sorry Russ, but when Surveyors shoot grades they don't shoot them to the nearest foot. Contours are shown at even increments, but the locations are interpolated from MANY accurate measurements.

In Canada, the Surveyors typically shoot grades in metric, and are normally accurate to 1mm so I don't see too many issues with 1/1000 ft, as it's a decimal conversion of a feet and inches (to 1/16") reading.

Having said that, Softplan works accurately, and doesn't have a facility to "round" measurements.

• Tom Rogers likes this
Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Site Plan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users