#1 Tom Rogers

Tom Rogers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationVilla Rica, Georgia

Posted 30 September 2016 - 08:54 AM

Has anyone experience extra material counts when using building options?  I use building options along with Softlist (going Soft plan at full power :) ) but I recently found where it counted some doors that were on a building option that was turned off. I also am finding that my Wall sheating (OSB) is coming out about 4x what it actually is.

"remember... what we are building today, should be what we want in the future"​
Version 10 to Version 2024+ and beyond
www.residentialproductions.com

#2 Yvon Gonthier

Yvon Gonthier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 30 September 2016 - 10:06 AM

Just off hand like that but did you verify if you add items on a layer that was turned off?

#3 Philip Frank

Philip Frank

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 30 September 2016 - 10:12 AM

Why don't you try running a report with one of the stock out of the box SoftList reports and compare that to your modified report. (I assume you have made a copy of the SoftList standard reports and modified it to your liking). This way you can determine if the problem is in the 3D model or the report.

Keep in mind that the OSB quantity is usually accumulated from 2 other materials, so if you want to troubleshoot the quantity, you'll want to look at the " Gable End Sheathing" material def and the " Wall Sheathing (OSB)" material def. Make sure the "Coverage" in the material definition is set to 32 (assuming a 4x8 sheet)

#4 Tom Rogers

Tom Rogers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationVilla Rica, Georgia

Posted 30 September 2016 - 10:55 AM

Nothing on a different layer.  I did a out of box report and it did come back correct.  However looking at the formula on the "per floor" compared to my modified one, the formulas is the same.  Philip-the coverage in both formulas was blank.  And changing it to 32 did not have any affect. 

The tough part is that I never modified that formula in the new report style so I am not sure how or what could have been corrupted. 

"remember... what we are building today, should be what we want in the future"​
Version 10 to Version 2024+ and beyond
www.residentialproductions.com

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: building options, softlist, materials

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users