#1 Danial Anderson

Danial Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 30 January 2021 - 11:10 AM

I am unfamiliar and have not learned how to use layers. I think this is a step in layers. but not positive im saying it correctly.

My question 

I want to present my floor framing on a page and include support walls and beams from the level below as lines to indicate ther location

Basic 101 guidelines will be appreciated

Thank you in advance

Dan

#2 David Zawadzki

David Zawadzki

Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 30 January 2021 - 11:22 AM

Would cross section views work for you?

Award winning Design+Builder with over 40 years of construction experience. Homes built in Michigan, Utah and Idaho. Construction projects in CA, AZ, NV, ID, UT, NE, MO, NM, FL, GA, NY, and MI.

https://idahocustomhomes.weebly.com/

Twinmotion 2024, Autocad, SoftPlan 2024, Solidbuilder, Chief Architect X15, Sketchup, 3D Home Architect, etc.

CyberPowerPC Syber Forti SFG9EX Gaming Desktop Computer, Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz, 32GB RAM, 3TB HDD + 1TB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 10GB, Windows 10 Pro

.Disclaimer: I'm not saying I'm Superman. All I am saying is no one has seen Superman and me in the same room together.<p><p>

Softplan user since 1989

#3 Jim Johnson

Jim Johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 30 January 2021 - 04:01 PM

While in Floor System mode, use Generate Drawing.  This will create a separate drawing.  The walls on that drawing will show as dashed lines.  If you want walls from below, use overlay for the lower drawing.  

#4 Danial Anderson

Danial Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 31 January 2021 - 08:48 AM

Sections- i use them  and that does show the load bearing from that view.

As i look at a 2nd floor in floor mode with floor joist , i see the 2nd floor walls as dashed lines, is there a way to have the load bearing beams or walls from the main floor 

represent themselves in some fashion other than the 2nd floor walls.

Ive seen other plans where another floor was layed over another floor and i would like to know how that is done. 

#5 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 01 February 2021 - 03:43 PM

I create an overlay plan where all the layers are faded and only the things I want to show are visible. Then, I just add it to my plan set and line it up with the plan I want it "under". Helps to use reference points, have all drawings in a stack in the same location in the drawing window (same size window too).

• Danial Anderson likes this

Mark Petri

Petri Building and Design

#6 Danial Anderson

Danial Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 02 February 2021 - 07:26 AM

Im currently trying to work with SP support and learn how to use overlay and layers.

Thank you for your comments.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: layers, beams, walls and flor joist

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users