Wesley Penner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationMaricourt, QC, Canada

Posted 05 July 2023 - 08:37 AM

Hello,

Does anyone know if it is possible to show roof purlins in an elevation? I must be missing it somewhere. All of the framing is checked in extraction options.

Attached Thumbnails

• Purlins.jpg

Attached Files

#2 Wesley Penner

Wesley Penner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 July 2023 - 08:41 AM

Attaching jpg of elevation

Attached Thumbnails

• Elevation-purlins.jpg

#3 Matthew Dunson

Matthew Dunson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 05 July 2023 - 10:52 AM

I was going to suggest while in your elevation going to 'Options' and 'Material'. Under Building - Roof, it should give you the option to check Display for Purlins, but I just tried it on one of my projects and it does not display the purlins for me. I also tried changing the purlins texture to see if that enables the display, but it does not. Maybe there is a missing step or setting inside the Roof Options I am missing, or Purlins are not able to be displayed in elevations at the moment.

• Wesley Penner likes this

#4 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,109 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 05 July 2023 - 11:29 AM

Is the purlin display CHECKED in the MATERIAL EDITOR?

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#5 Wesley Penner

Wesley Penner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 July 2023 - 11:32 AM

Is the purlin display CHECKED in the MATERIAL EDITOR?

LIke Matthew said, it isn't even available.

Attached Thumbnails

• Screenshot 2023-07-05 133113.png

#6 Wesley Penner

Wesley Penner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 July 2023 - 01:30 PM

Unfortunately purlins do not currently generate in elevation.

From Tech support.

#7 Matthew Dunson

Matthew Dunson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 05 July 2023 - 01:48 PM

I would recommend sending in an official suggestion on the SoftPlan website. I will also submit a suggestion for this topic since having purlins extracted in elevations does come in handy for specific projects utilizing them. I hope that this also brings awareness for the ability to extract any other items that are not extractable in certain modes by default. The materials panel is an organized place to where it is easy to toggle on and off all materials for any items so essentially a user can display "anything" they would like in any mode if enabled, but that's if the object is enabled by the software to extract.

#8 Wesley Penner

Wesley Penner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 July 2023 - 01:52 PM

I would recommend sending in an official suggestion on the SoftPlan website. I will also submit a suggestion for this topic since having purlins extracted in elevations does come in handy for specific projects utilizing them. I hope that this also brings awareness for the ability to extract any other items that are not extractable in certain modes by default. The materials panel is an organized place to where it is easy to toggle on and off all materials for any items so essentially a user can display "anything" they would like in any mode if enabled, but that's if the object is enabled by the software to extract.

Suggestion sent on the official website. I was not even aware that it was possible on the official website. Thank you for the tip!

• Matthew Dunson likes this

#9 Matthew Dunson

Matthew Dunson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 05 July 2023 - 02:07 PM

Yes, it is a helpful feature for both users and the developers. SoftPlan is primarily accepting requests and suggestions by this method (even though they still monitor the forum), so if you have any other suggestions or improvements to SoftPlan, please use that method of letting the developers know.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: purlins

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users