8 replies to this topic

#1 Jay Johnson

Jay Johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 23 June 2024 - 07:00 AM

Can anyone tell me how to get the facia texture on both sides of this gable to show the wood grain running the correct direction?  I tried messing with all the settings in the texture settings to rotate, auto orient, etc.  Drawing a rafter member there and using surface copy / paste works but then it changes all my trusses to the same which does not look right in framing mode.  I attached a photo.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks.

Attached Thumbnails

• porch snip.png

#2 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 24 June 2024 - 08:27 AM

Unfortunately there is no direct fix. A beam or another trim profile drawn in it's place may work. I really wish SP would count this as a priority. The way soffits and subfascias interact with textures and modeling is also disappointing.

Mark Petri

Petri Building and Design

#3 Fred Russell

Fred Russell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 24 June 2024 - 11:32 AM

Maybe copy paste the post texture to up there

#4 Richard Rubinski

Richard Rubinski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 632 posts
  • LocationWarner Robins, GA.

Posted 24 June 2024 - 12:18 PM

Unfortunately there is no direct fix. A beam or another trim profile drawn in it's place may work. I really wish SP would count this as a priority. The way soffits and subfascias interact with textures and modeling is also disappointing.

Mark, could you copy the texture, rename it then rotate it without affecting the other texture? Just a thought.

#5 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 24 June 2024 - 07:24 PM

You can, but all fascia is treated with the same texture. So, it will be off on one side or the other on the gable end. SoftPlan treats the fascia as one plane across a gable. I've discovered I need to set up my facia, subfacia, gutter, shadow board, roofing and ridge to all be unique materials/colors so they show up better in elevations and renderings as SoftPlan also tends to lose the lines between such entities unless they are assigned different textures/materials. So, assign different materials in your roof settings, then go ahead and copy and paste the textures you want in your model, even if you want them to match. That way, you will see the various lines between entities.

Mark Petri

#6 Richard Rubinski

Richard Rubinski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 632 posts
  • LocationWarner Robins, GA.

Posted 24 June 2024 - 10:38 PM

I didn't think about that.

#7 David Kauffman

David Kauffman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 June 2024 - 08:49 AM

All Fascias are not colored the same, in Version 2024 you can make them different colors. If you choose a different color and then paste your altered color, it will only change the one's with the same name

#8 Todd Williard

Todd Williard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 25 June 2024 - 10:14 AM

All Fascias are not colored the same, in Version 2024 you can make them different colors. If you choose a different color and then paste your altered color, it will only change the one's with the same name

This is Correct _ I just tried it.

Attached Thumbnails

• Screenshot 2024-06-25 121328.jpg

V11-V2024

#9 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 25 June 2024 - 10:15 AM

Right. You can change all the material color settings for each edge. If you want each side of a roof to be different textures it works great. But, gables are still considered one texture across each element, so textures patterns do not work well.

Mark Petri

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fascia, texture

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users