#1 Verlin Klassen

Verlin Klassen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationBirnie, Manitoba, Canada

Posted 18 January 2023 - 08:36 AM

Would anyone have an interior shiplap texture they would be willing to share? I would like to show a shiplap finish on a ceiling, and while you can use a profile on walls, you can't on ceilings.

Verlin Klassen

Westman Drafting

#2 Matthew Dunson

Matthew Dunson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 18 January 2023 - 08:59 AM

There are two textures that SoftPlan provides that I have been using as placeholders until I can find other textures to import. When in 'Surface Edit, go to 'Manufacturer', under 'Armstrong' and expand 'Ceilings', navigate to the WoodHaven Collection. There you will see the Beadboard - 1149 texture and the White - 1148 texture. Both of these textures are what I found to look the closest to white shiplap that I place on ceilings. Adjust the scale of the textures under the 'Options' tab to get the desired look and make sure 'Maintain Aspect Ratio' is checked so that the textures scales to size and does not stretch. I myself will also be working with a lot of shiplap, so I may be either reaching out to manufacturers to see if they can provide a seamless texture or creating it myself through photo scanning or with a texturing software. Hopefully these can suit your needs in the meantime as it does for me.  :)

#3 Allen McDonnell

Allen McDonnell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 18 January 2023 - 09:04 AM

Hoping for profiles on ceiling 2024....

• Matthew Dunson likes this

#4 Verlin Klassen

Verlin Klassen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationBirnie, Manitoba, Canada

Posted 18 January 2023 - 09:27 AM

Thank you Matthew.

While it doesn't render seamlessly, it will get me by.

Yes, hopefully 2024 will include profiles for ceilings.

• Matthew Dunson likes this

Verlin Klassen

Westman Drafting

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: shiplap texture, shiplap, texture

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users