#1 Yvon Gonthier

Yvon Gonthier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 05 May 2016 - 12:22 PM

I've had problems in the past dealing with unactive Building Options that have items such as floor finishes, baseboards, shelves. etc... moving from their set position when working on an active Building Option and at some point coming back to activate it.

Now I just had a problem with a model with an optional 2nd floor which has the main entrance open to the 2nd floor in the standard plan and a laundry room above the entrance in the optional plan. When in the 3D with the standard 2nd activated, the hardwood floor from a bedroom next to the open area would stick out of the wall in the open area. Erasing and re-doing the hardwood would not solve it. Softplan tech was able to reproduce and told me to adjust the hardwood away from the wall which I mentioned was a problem because then I have a missing strip when looking in the bedroom. He answered back to adjust the offset of the laundry room door on the optional second up 1/8" because the hardwood was picking up that door (even in that Building Option was not active) which leads me to the question; "Do Building options really completely turn off"?

Has anybody else have had problems with moving items on Building Options?

#2 Martin Livingston

Martin Livingston

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • LocationHalifax, Nova Scotia

Posted 05 May 2016 - 01:45 PM

I have had the same type of issue in the past but now when I have different wall options that have other Softplan objects attached to them (i.e. - baseboards, ceilings, roof, bulkheads, cabinets, etc.) I move to objects to the to the building option containing that wall option and create new objects that attach to the new wall option. Problem solved.

Five out of four people are not very good with fractions

www.cresco.ca

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users