#1 Matt Orner

Matt Orner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationFargo, ND

Posted 06 March 2015 - 04:31 PM

Has anyone had the problem when rendering in 2016 that once the rendering is done it automatically starts the regenerating the rendering again. This is happing about half the time I go to render something.
It's annoying and just wondering if I'm overlooking something.

#2 Ron Mejeur

Ron Mejeur

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationKalalmazoo, Mi

Posted 06 March 2015 - 08:55 PM

I haven't had that, but if I leave a 3d textured tab open and close the program, it comes up with a blank screen when I reopen the job.  I just have to regenerated the 3d view so it's not a big deal, but in 2014 it would still be there.  Could it be a bug?

Ron Mejeur

#3 Matt Orner

Matt Orner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationFargo, ND

Posted 07 March 2015 - 09:00 AM

Yeah. Been having that problem too. But I can't regenerate I have to physically close out and renter and then it's good. Sounds like there are a few things that should've been ironed out a bit better before the release.

#4 Harry Staab

Harry Staab

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationOmaha

Posted 09 March 2015 - 08:47 AM

On a similar note, has anyone noticed that 3d views that are placed on a plan set must be manually regenerated? I assumed this would have been automatic.

ahp-horizontal-houseplans-180.png?15058

#5 Guest_Derrik Bauer_*

Guest_Derrik Bauer_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2015 - 08:52 AM

Yes, they need to be automatically regerated.  I actually prefer this.  I know what I see will not change unless I ask it to!

#6 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 09 March 2015 - 10:29 AM

Yes, they need to be automatically regerated.  I actually prefer this.  I know what I see will not change unless I ask it to!

You seem to be arguing with yourself there Derrik.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#7 Guest_Derrik Bauer_*

Guest_Derrik Bauer_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2015 - 11:18 AM

You seem to be arguing with yourself there Derrik.

Ha!!  Well yes I am!  

That's what I get for watching the race while looking at the forums...

This is what I meant to say: "Yes, they need to be manually regenerated.  I actually prefer this.  I know what I see will not change unless I ask it to!"

#8 Warren Ducote

Warren Ducote

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationMontgomery, Texas

Posted 10 March 2015 - 05:00 AM

And while we are on this subject ....

Have they got rid of the stupid message that says "Regenerating will take time. Press regenerate when ready to update the image." When you change modes ..... I don't know about anyone else, but when I change the mode, I want it to change now. NOT LATER ... That's why I changed the mode in the first place. If I wanted it to change later, I'd change it later. So now I have to actually remember to go and press regenerate, so it actually takes even longer .... Stupid ..... RANT ....

I dislike this also!!

#9 D M

D M

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts
  • Location..

Posted 17 April 2015 - 03:42 PM

And while we are on this subject ....

Have they got rid of the stupid message that says "Regenerating will take time. Press regenerate when ready to update the image." When you change modes ..... I don't know about anyone else, but when I change the mode, I want it to change now. NOT LATER ... That's why I changed the mode in the first place. If I wanted it to change later, I'd change it later. So now I have to actually remember to go and press regenerate, so it actually takes even longer .... Stupid ..... RANT ....

Keyboard Shortcuts .. 3D (not 3D mode) .. Render Image ‘checked’

I’ve set my ‘F1’ as the Keyboard command, .. that way Regeneration is just a finger tap instead of moving the mouse to the ‘Regenerate Tab’, which I find is part of the nuisance

Until there’s a system toggled choice for Auto-regenerate, this is my shortcut.

Doug

.. invariably, someone will have a simpler solution.

#10 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 07:25 PM

The problem with keyboard shortcuts, is ...... I don't think I have any keys left that don't already have drawing shortcuts attached to them!

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

#11 D M

D M

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts
  • Location..

Posted 17 April 2015 - 07:34 PM

Combinations of 'Alt' or 'Shift' with a keystroke, .. does Softplan recognize the difference? ..

I'm curious, .. will have to check that on Monday.

But then again, .. two keys wouldn't be any better for the task of topic, .. 3D Regenerate, .. might as well click the aforementioned tab.

.. invariably, someone will have a simpler solution.

#12 randolph cohn

randolph cohn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • Locationmarin county - california

Posted 17 April 2015 - 08:17 PM

v 2016.2.1

i don't have the issue your all having so can't comment.

tip:  when you want to regenerate,  move your mouse wheel away from you or towards you.

it's become second nature to do that.

i have softplan set to not regenerate.  btw,  i haven't set the on/off button in a long time.

where is it ?

randy

v10 to future 2016+ ;)

#13 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 08:34 PM

Combinations of 'Alt' or 'Shift' with a keystroke, .. does Softplan recognize the difference? ..

I'm curious, .. will have to check that on Monday.

But then again, .. two keys wouldn't be any better for the task of topic, .. 3D Regenerate, .. might as well click the aforementioned tab.

Yes, Softplan does understand combinations ... again, I have a few set, but am getting to the stage that I can't remember them, and that really doesn't help!

Keith

#14 Kenneth Maye

Kenneth Maye

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 04 May 2015 - 11:40 PM

v 2016.2.1

i have softplan set to not regenerate.  btw,  i haven't set the on/off button in a long time.

where is it ?

Randy, that button went away back in v2012 or v2014, I can't remember which. That's why you can't find it! It's just that it used to be relevant only to the Rendered mode in v2014. So if you only used Textured mode or lower, the scene would always regenerate. Now it appears to apply to ALL MODES!

Ken

v12 - 2016 and beyond!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users