#1 Brian Berzinskis

Brian Berzinskis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 02 February 2017 - 02:05 PM

So I get this issue when I select the exterior walls from something like my first floor plan and then I copy to the SoftPlan Clipboard and Paste into a new drawing. In this particular example I then changed the wall type from a 2x4 stud wall to my 8 inch block wall. Then I click on Auto Dimension and they are sometimes dimensions to the outside and sometimes inside and sometimes walls get dimensions and then the extension lines are longer than usual. Clean Up does not solve this issue. But saving the file and then creating a new file and merging the previous in does fix the problem. Not sure if anyone else has seen this or can repeat this.

2017-02-02.png

#2 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 02 February 2017 - 03:28 PM

I've seen it many times ... and sometimes auto-dimension just refuses to get anywhere near what it should, and just dimensions half the plan and then gives up.

I NEVER copy plans to make new ones anymore, I always use overlay, and sketch the new walls. Invariably they are either different walls or in different locations, or at different heights. I find it quicker just to redraw what I need,

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#3 Tom Rogers

Tom Rogers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationVilla Rica, Georgia

Posted 02 February 2017 - 03:28 PM

are the drawing settings the same as system settings?  I have had similar issues.  I know that SP says to copy a file to a new file but I rather use overlay and draw over.  I never have that problem.  A another thing if settings are all similar it might be that you have a sill plate or something that is copied as well

"remember... what we are building today, should be what we want in the future"​
Version 10 to Version 2024+ and beyond
www.residentialproductions.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users