#1 Dave Pazyniak

Dave Pazyniak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 09:50 AM

Hello All,

I have some various wall styles in different drawing, and I have some drawings with MANY unused wall types.  Is there a good way to save a drawing wall style to my system library?  Can I purge or at least organize wall in a drawing?  If I remember right, I should NOT load a new wall list in the define wall dialog?

Any tips or strategies would be appreciated,

Dave

#2 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 04 April 2017 - 10:09 AM

If you use IMPORT/EXPORT on the wall definition menu from your DRAWINGS, you can make files that include certain walls, and IMPORT them into your SYSTEM WALLS.

Softplan files are generally really small files in the great scheme of things. I wouldn't bother taking the time to PURGE walls ... there is NO PURGE command and they aren't doing any harm being there, and they may be useful in the future.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#3 Yvon Gonthier

Yvon Gonthier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 04 April 2017 - 11:15 AM

If I remember right, I should NOT load a new wall list in the define wall dialog?

That's right because if you load a different wall list, Softplan will modify the walls in your plan by the walls that are in the same position as your original list (ex. if your 5th wall in the list was a 2x4 siding and the new one is 2x6 siding, then the 2x4 siding walls on your plan will be changed to the 2x6 siding)

#4 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 11:24 AM

Not only that, but as far as I remember, changing the wall list loads the AS SHIPPED wall list (or at least it used to - I can't verify that, as it's been a number of years since I made that particular mistake).

If you really want to play with specific wall lists, make sure to EXPORT ALL your standard walls to a separate file that you can recall at will.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

#5 Dave Pazyniak

Dave Pazyniak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 01:36 PM

Thanks. importing and exporting got the walls I wanted into the system set.  One other wall related question.  I created a wall with 3 different siding textures.  When I edit the definition for new siding heights, then regenerate, the wall does not change, but if I extend the wall, all walls in contact with it adjust to the new definition.  Other walls on the plan still show the old settings.  Even closing and reopening the project will not update the walls.  Is there a way to force the walls to update, or do I need to modify each individually?

Dave

#6 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 02:18 PM

Try "PERFORM ITEM CLEANUP" on the EDIT menu. Under NO circumstances should you have to edit each wall individually.

Keith

#7 Dave Pazyniak

Dave Pazyniak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 05:41 AM

Thanks, Keith.  The "Cleanup" (control C) command did not do it, but the item clean up under the wall common tab works, on one wall at a time.  Better than editing a wall, but I still need to find all occurrences in the model.  Does that sound right?

Dave

#8 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 06:46 AM

It doesn't SOUND right, but I suspect that it is. It's something that I've had to do before. You could try this (although I can't guarantee that it will work) RIGHT-CLICK on the wall you want to edit. Go down to ADD TYPE SELECTION, which will find ALL the same walls on a floor plan. RIGHT-CLICK, EDIT & REPEAT then CHECK PERFORM ITEM CLEANUP and OK.

Repeat as necessary for each floor plan.

Keith

#9 Edward Shannon

Edward Shannon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, Iowa

Posted 22 October 2019 - 03:18 PM

I have been trying to do this, but still not getting it!  I created 2 new wall types in a floor plan.  I would like to EXPORT them to my system files.  when I Export, it asks which file I would like to export to?  the default is SPUitl with folder titled "Grammars" I tired exporting to this.  However I still do not see the wall type in my system library .  Am I missing something here? 

Edward J Shannon, ArCH/NCARB/LEED GA

#10 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts

Posted 23 October 2019 - 03:51 PM

You have to select the walls you want to export ... The Grammars folder is the correct folder to export to. You then have to IMPORT the created file into the system folder.

Keith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users