4 replies to this topic

#1 Bryan Ireland

Bryan Ireland

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 12:52 PM

I am adding Companion Materials to a door but they keep disappearing when I redraw the same door.

My method (and please tell me where I am going wrong)...

Draw a door- turn the product code off- edit the door-add companion materials (making sure to add a NAHB cost code so it will report)- add (new) product code. 

When I go to draw that door again, the changes I have made to companion materials are no longer associated with that door.

Any suggestions???

#2 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 12 July 2017 - 01:40 PM

I assume you're drawing the NEW product code not the original one? I'm not sure what you mean by "Companion Materials" can you please elaborate?

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#3 Bryan Ireland

Bryan Ireland

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 06:29 AM

I am inputting  SKU's, that my company uses for ordering materials, to symbols on SoftPlan. Right now I am working on exterior doors and need two SKU's to show up when a certain door is drawn. So I added a companion material and that SKU shows up when SoftList reports. The problem comes when I draw that same door again, the companion materials that I added are no longer there. I created a new product code thinking that would save the companion materials to the new product code. I drew a door, clicked on edit, under the SoftList tab there is a button to add companion material. I gave that material a NAHB code so that it will report. My question is why doesn't that information save to that specific door?

I would post screen shots but I can't figure out how on this forum.

#4 Kevin Rabenaldt

Kevin Rabenaldt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 13 July 2017 - 07:05 AM

i think your saving only on the drawing level.  Have you gone to the symbol library and edited there?

#5 Bryan Ireland

Bryan Ireland

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 09:16 AM

I think you are correct. It is only saving those changes for that one instance I draw the door. I am changing my methodology to solve this problem. I am writing a formula in SoftList Configuration that triggers these items to report when a certain symbol is drawn. I am still learning the program, so lots of trial and error!

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users