2 replies to this topic

#1 Sam Morgan

Sam Morgan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 09:09 PM

Anyone else having this issue in 2016?   When I make changes and have to save new elevations, I typically merge so all my paint stays put and then just cleanup the areas that are affected by my changes.  Since upgrading to 2016, when I do this, all my paint is several feet higher, lower, to the side, etc vs the previous drawing.   This would make sense if I had change wall heights, offsets, etc but I've done none of this.  It could be as simple as adding a new window and generating a new elevation....paint is gonna be all over the place.

I wonder how many of these issues many of us are experiencing are actual bugs in the program and how many are issues with projects started in 2014 then brought into 2016?  Most of the projects I'm working on now were started in 2014

Sam

• Cory Ewing likes this

#2 Brad Graber

Brad Graber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 10:07 PM

i think it has always been that way with the merging of newly generated elevations and roof lines in various places.  I have never figured out why it would change locations, but it does.  

Before you merge place the same reference point (not the round one) in a place that is common to both drawings.  Now when you merge it will reference that point and place the new elevations in the appropriate place.

#3 Cory Ewing

Cory Ewing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 08:21 AM

I am having this issue as well, Sam.  It's rather frustrating.  Mine isn't just a few feet off, it shows up outside the workspace.  The only way I can see it is if I zoom extents.  This isn't an issue that carries over from 2014 projects or files.  I've now had this happen on 4 projects that were completely started in 2016.

My work around has been to save the elevation as separate drawing like 'FRONT ELEVATION-TEMP.spd'.  I then put a reference point on both drawings copy & paste (hold position) the parts I need to change.  This is pretty time consuming.  Sometimes it's just easier to start from scratch. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users