#1 Joseph Smith

Joseph Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 18 September 2017 - 08:17 PM

How do compress and email a Softplan project with someone else with the same release as me.  Also, the person i'm sharing with does NOT have SoftPlan Plus.

The shared job must contain all custom symbols i may have used while creating the project and colors i used while within the 3d mode.  Basically I want the project to have an identical look and feel no matter who opens the job without stuff missing or looking strange.

Joseph A. Smith

http://granitedesigngroup.com

#2 Dave Pazyniak

Dave Pazyniak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 06:06 AM

Excellent question.  I share files through softplan plus and still have issues with things like custom blocks.  Sorry I do not have any suggestions...

Dave

#3 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 19 September 2017 - 07:29 AM

I had exactly the same problem. I was using 2016 as my client only had 2016, and wasn't a Softplan  + subscriber.

Tech supports response was ..

"There is no other automated method. You will need to manually sent the others there supplemental, supporting files. Else, consider creating a reView model (File > reView > Export reView Model File while in a 3D tab). This will create a reView model file (*.svm), along with a corresponding folder that contains the textures for that model. Email the model file and the texture folder (zipped up for convenience), and have them use the desktop reView viewer to look at the 3D model."

However, my client didn't want to view it in the viewer, she wanted to view it correctly in her version of Softplan. I had to put everytthing together and zip it up. Even then we had to do some on the fly, fixing with custom 3D symbols.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#4 Joseph Smith

Joseph Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 19 September 2017 - 08:37 AM

Thats kind of what i figured.  Custom things used like symbols & textures should follow each jobs directory so no matter who loads up the house in SP will show identical things.  We're end users and shouldn't be searching for supporting files and crap needed to forward the SP project to another user.  I'll make a suggestion......thanks for the feedback!

• Keith Almond likes this

Joseph A. Smith

http://granitedesigngroup.com

#5 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 19 September 2017 - 09:11 AM

I wholeheartedly agree. Once it's in the project EVERYTHING needed to completely reproduce it on another computer should stay with it. The SPP file should include everything standard or custom. I don't care if it gets to be a large file, we can always figure out how to move it, but it NEEDS to be complete.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users