#1 D M

D M

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts
  • Location..

Posted 07 April 2015 - 10:48 AM

Does anyone know if there is anyway to save 'Mode Options' settings like you can save 'Material Files'?

I'd like to be able to switch between style variations within the same mode.

Both of these sketches are 'Visible Line' but with different mode options.

But it seems that I have to change the Mode Options settings each time I want to switch.

.. invariably, someone will have a simpler solution.

#2 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 07 April 2015 - 11:06 AM

In the 3D go to FILE>RENDER OPTIONS>SAVE and obviously give it a name you like. When you want to re-use it, go to FILE>RENDER OPTIONS>LOAD and reload it.

Another option, and this one work best for me personally, is find a mode you don't use (e.g. Watercolour - Personally I'd never consider using "Watercolour" with the default settings), and instead of changing the Visible line mode, edit the mode options for the mode you don't use and overwrite that, and again save as whatever you want. That way you can toggle between "Visible Line" and "your preference" quickly just by changing modes.

I don't see why we cannot "Save" current settings as Custom modes, instead of being limited to visible line etc. it doesn't seem a large stretch, and once set doesn't need to have all the necessary adjustments, just a fixed custom mode.

If you find that you would like to set your settings as default modes, rename the DEFAULT>3D.MRO file (so that you can replace it if necessary), and save your current setup as  DEFAULT>3D.MRO

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#3 D M

D M

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts
  • Location..

Posted 07 April 2015 - 12:14 PM

Thanks Keith, ..

Who would not think of looking under 'File' (me obviously), ..

Pretty simple and straightforward (both me and the solution) ;)

Doug

.. invariably, someone will have a simpler solution.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users