• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Dean Eckman

Dean Eckman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 01:11 PM

Has anyone produced a 3d walk thru yet? Where can I see some samples?

#2 randolph cohn

randolph cohn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • Locationmarin county - california

Posted 02 May 2015 - 04:58 PM

i'd help you dean but i have no idea how it works.

wish i could return all the great rendering tutorials

you gave me in the past.

call tim, hes' been working with it.

randy

v10 to future 2016+ ;)

#3 Dean Eckman

Dean Eckman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 07:46 PM

Tim and I have been sharing notes.

SP did an awesome job on this feature.

It's very easy to use once you figure it out.

I was just wondering if there was a gallery for walk-thrus like the rendering gallery.

I'd like to see what others are producing with it.

#4 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 02 May 2015 - 08:24 PM

Is there even a RENDERING GALLERY anymore? If so, can someone point me at it ...

I'd like that think that we could post created walkthroughs to a Gallery within this forum. That would be awesome.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#5 Thomas Davis

Thomas Davis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • LocationOrange Park, Florida

Posted 04 May 2015 - 07:27 AM

Dean,

Here is one that I did using the keyboard only.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aXncRvtqkQ&feature=youtu.be

I am going to be purchasing a 3D Connexion mouse soon, and anticipate much smoother transitions in the animations.

Tommy

#6 Dean Eckman

Dean Eckman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 07:38 AM

Nice job Tommy.

Here is one I am working on.

https://www.youtube....h?v=efZo0YE9D64

Dean

• Thomas Davis likes this

#7 Yvon Gonthier

Yvon Gonthier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 21 March 2016 - 08:38 AM

I've tried to create my first animations but for some reason, when I replay, it skips over some of the path I've used and is incomplete :unsure:

#8 Yvon Gonthier

Yvon Gonthier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 29 March 2016 - 07:40 AM

I've been working on the animation and the process that Softplan uses. The major point when you start out is that when you're creating your animation, you're in reality creating the path to be used when you replay the animation. The path that will be created is NOT necessarily the complete path you go thru when creating your animation. It is more about how you set the frames than about the actual route. SoftPlan will take the shortest path between frames. Therefore you should create a new frame every time there is a change of direction or change of angle, in short, any deviation from a straight path otherwise you'll go thru walls and floors.

Since you're recording only the path, any changes to your plans or selection in building options will appear when regenerating the animation.

A couple of problems I have right now are;

1- If I want to activate the reflections (RE) in textured mode, the animation is not very smooth. It jumps between different frames at different intervals.

2- Not sure how you actually save the actual animation you just went thru (the movie, not the path). This is probably why I'm not seeing the option to publish to You Tube?

#9 Guest_Derrik Bauer_*

Guest_Derrik Bauer_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2016 - 09:28 AM

I'll help with #2:

Saving the animations is done through the export to file function:

1.jpg

2.jpg

From there you can directly publish to Youtube, but I prefer to use the free (I think its free...) program "Microsoft Movie Maker"  to create the final product.  It allows me to insert still images including my Logo along with combining multiple walk-thrus and exterior spinners to create one longer more presentable movie.  

On this same note, I have found that higher quality animations require so much RAM that I have to break them up into smaller 15-30 second sections then combine them in the movie maker program.  It sounds complicated, but it actually works out pretty well and is easy to figure out.

3.jpg

• Yvon Gonthier likes this

#10 Yvon Gonthier

Yvon Gonthier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 29 March 2016 - 01:41 PM

I finished the animation that I was testing. Took a long time to create the movie but I didn't want to stop it because I wanted to know what it would look like and what the final product was. It's a walk thru of a bungalow and basement. With the level of details on the plan and having the reflections activated, the 6:55 minutes video took roughly 2:50 hrs to output to file and 5 minutes to compress. It's 121MB at 1280 x 720.

Then, it went thru the upload to You Tube and after 5 to 10 minutes, showed an error message. Don't know if it's was to large or how to retry?

Good idea to brake it down as mentioned by Derrik because you often want to make adjustments to some parts.

#11 Yvon Gonthier

Yvon Gonthier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 30 March 2016 - 02:22 PM

Here is finally my first completed animation. Interior animation didn't really start where I wanted and kind of goes backwards at the beginning but more to learn. Test set-up put together with Movie Maker as suggested. Added music but not sure it plays in You Tube. Not sure if this will play since uploaded as private instead of public?

https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be

#12 Guest_Derrik Bauer_*

Guest_Derrik Bauer_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2016 - 04:05 PM

Nice work!  

I typically used the "Unlisted" setting so that my customers can share with their friends, but strangers can't view it unless someone gives them the link.

• Yvon Gonthier likes this

#13 Yvon Gonthier

Yvon Gonthier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 04 May 2016 - 12:24 PM

Softplan has to improve the time it take to record the walk thru (wmv) to make it reasonable to work with. Just spent 2 hours recording a ground floor walk thru and at the end got an error message and only +/-20% actually recorded. Another huge problem is that when recording the walkthrough (wmv), Softplan can't be used??????

#14 John Jones

John Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 251 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 07:56 AM

If your not aleady doing so try using "keyframes" to author the path.  We find most users complaints come from trying to record the mouse.  Setting keyframes is fast, easy and flexible.

#15 Yvon Gonthier

Yvon Gonthier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 05 May 2016 - 08:59 AM

If your not aleady doing so try using "keyframes" to author the path.  We find most users complaints come from trying to record the mouse.  Setting keyframes is fast, easy and flexible.

I use the arrows to move and click on key frames at every change in direction as shown in attached drawing. Is this what you mean? My problem is generating and saving a wmv file which is what is so long and freezes the use of Softplan.

Attached Thumbnails

• Key frames.PNG

#16 Yvon Gonthier

Yvon Gonthier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 05 May 2016 - 11:50 AM

So I'm not crazy (or totally). Got answer back: Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I have forwarded this issue onto our development team on your behalf. I was able to repeat your issue when compressing the Standard ground Azalea animation.

Which means that when creating a movie file (which is the long part if you have a lot of detail and have reflections activated), it has to compress the file once finished and it may fail at this point leaving you with no movie file or partial only.

#17 Martin Livingston

Martin Livingston

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • LocationHalifax, Nova Scotia

Posted 05 May 2016 - 01:50 PM

Here is our YouTube channel with the animations I have done so far.

https://www.youtube....nSgSlQUYoUom16g

I wish you could do an animation in rendered mode. The textured take long enough.

Five out of four people are not very good with fractions

www.cresco.ca

#18 Martin Livingston

Martin Livingston

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • LocationHalifax, Nova Scotia

Posted 05 May 2016 - 02:05 PM

Here is finally my first completed animation. Interior animation didn't really start where I wanted and kind of goes backwards at the beginning but more to learn. Test set-up put together with Movie Maker as suggested. Added music but not sure it plays in You Tube. Not sure if this will play since uploaded as private instead of public?

https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be

Was this done in rendered mode? I see the reflections in the mirrors.

Five out of four people are not very good with fractions

www.cresco.ca

#19 Yvon Gonthier

Yvon Gonthier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 05 May 2016 - 02:46 PM

Was this done in rendered mode? I see the reflections in the mirrors.

No, it was done in textured mode. Find some items that I don't like in rendered and to heavy. But, I have the "Relection" turned on. When in 3D, in the middle of the tool bar, you have an icon "Re". If you click on it, it will turn the reflections on or off. Still makes the process to convert to a movie file pretty long but I don't think as bad as rendered mode.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users