#1 Steven Kirchoff

Steven Kirchoff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationSt. Cloud, Minnesota

Posted 24 January 2019 - 11:07 AM

I have been trying to figure out why my floor system has dropped into my foundation over night. When I closed up last night my sill plate was sitting right on top of the foundation floor trusses were offset 1 1/2" up all was good.

I opened up my file this morning and the sill plate and floor trusses are sitting 5" below the top of the foundation. All the offsets are set correctly, I have checked my reference point. I'm at a loss.

I am hoping that some one in the SoftPlan community will know how to fix this problem.

Attached File  Softplan.pdf   14.18KB   83 downloads

#2 Dennis Hilborn

Dennis Hilborn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts
  • LocationDFW Texas

Posted 24 January 2019 - 11:21 AM

Your drawing doesn't show a sill plate.  I believe that's what locks the floor system to the top of the foundation.

#3 Steven Kirchoff

Steven Kirchoff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 11:36 AM

the sill plate is there. it is sitting 5" in the foundation, which is pulling the entire floor system down 5".

Still trying to figure out why this is and how to correct it.

#4 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 24 January 2019 - 12:10 PM

Is there a short wall near your reference point? Did you try moving your reference point elsewhere? Sometimes it does not make sense, but a wall or other part of a roof or floor system causes the reference point to think it is at a different elevation. If nothing else, setting up walls and the reference point outside the model with the proper heights can help.

I've also found when I draw a new floor system component and change the elevation it will hijack all my other floor components and move them if I am not careful to change "Level" and uncheck "clean up" and check "anchor" and do a chant! Sometimes it's just SP's way of thinking it is smarter.

• ed sloot likes this

Mark Petri

Petri Building and Design

#5 Steven Kirchoff

Steven Kirchoff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 12:42 PM

I've checked my reference point and moved it to a different location also checked levels.

I will try unchecking cleanup and will check anchor.

Thanks

#6 Kevin Rabenaldt

Kevin Rabenaldt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 24 January 2019 - 01:05 PM

Top of foundation sets things.  Did something happen in your offsets.  Check them to see if they are offset 5" or in the wrong direction.  Just a place to check.

#7 Don Gibbons

Don Gibbons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 01:47 PM

Edit the sill plate and make sure it is no offset.

#8 ed sloot

ed sloot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationGuelph Ontario

Posted 29 January 2022 - 06:14 PM

i'm having the same problem and then some. I like Marks comment how the software seems to have it's own mind and wants to make sure everyone knows it's in charge. i dont think the developers can even stop it anymore as it seems to learn all my mistakes and then insert errors all over the map. I particularily love the tutorials that nothing ever goes wrong and one can produce a complete set of working drawings in under an hour. thats the trick, get the project done before it has a chance to hoop your stuff. I'm almost as smart as the software, or would be if i never ever sleep again

#9 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 30 January 2022 - 10:21 AM

Ed, As I said in my PM earlier, the CIRCULAR reference point is a key component. Check profiles on every floor, and make sure you don't have anything dropped below where it should be.

• John Jones likes this
Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#10 Don Gibbons

Don Gibbons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 11 February 2022 - 08:31 AM

Keith is correct, the circular one needs to be in the same location on all floors. Also make sure that the walls forming the corner have the same height and same offset.

#11 Steve and Carla Farnam

Steve and Carla Farnam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 11 February 2022 - 07:56 PM

Steven are the ICF's set to bearing in the wall definition? If not the zero offset/ Sill Plate may be referencing a lower bearing point.

Another thought would be did you add a 5" basement slab that may be referencing the outside bearing of the ICF that became a

zero floor reference for the ICF, if so, referencing the ICF inside could drop the ICF.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users