Need Kindness of Community User to Help save a farm

1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_Esther_*

Guest_Esther_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2019 - 03:30 PM

PS: I ASKED SOFTPLAN SALES AND THEY DIRECTED ME HERE, although I can't see how to attach a file :

I have an unusual request, and hoping you have an intern, softplan advocate, or extra motivated salesperson with a kind heart.  I am assisting a family with a CT Farm Transition Grant. The deadline is Thursday, February 14th. The Family has 100 cow farm and needs a new barn. The mom has stage 4 cancer, and the dad and boys milk the cows 2x a day, to make cheese. (story link attached)

They provided me with the following sketch and I had hoped to put it into a more professional output, but am having resource problems. My husband formerly used Microgds and Autocad but no longer has those programs. I remembered I had purchased Softplan for a modelling tool about 15 years ago after a display at a trade show and rave reviews by a builder, who was building me a new garage.

Unfortunately, due to snow, the tradeschools are closed, so I cannot ask the dept head of Architecture, and time is of the essence. When I discovered I could not load the software as the software key is an RS232 type rather than USB on the laptop, I called support and I discovered I would have to mail this key in for an exchange. It doesn't solve the learning curve situation we would be in since I am untrained in Softplan.

I am attaching the small print and wondering if anyone could do a quick rendering in softplan that had enlarged text as you cannot read the dimensions, and email this back to me on regular paper size (8.5" x 11") in a common output such as .pdf or other. I have seen how quickly softplan works in the hands of a trained person, hence I hope someone at your company can please spare the 15 minutes. If I have to exchange the dongle I will certainly be tying your technical support up longer than that due to my age and age of my laptop. Since this is a rendering of a building that isn't built yet, but a concept, the accuracy other than general dimensions isn't required.

I'm also attaching information on the farm's story about the mom having cancer and the dad is trying to save the farm so you know my plea for kindness is authentic. If someone is able to create a quick conceptual rendering from the drawing supplied, fee free to write: CONTRIBUTED BY SOFTPLAN all over it, or other promotional statement.

Thank you in advance for any consideration of a community support task. of a family farm in need !!

#2 Guest_Derrik Bauer_*

Guest_Derrik Bauer_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2019 - 04:09 PM

I don't see a file.

Send me an email.

derrik

at

tri co

jeff.com

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic