#1 Todd Williard

Todd Williard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 07 May 2015 - 09:06 AM

Would anyone be willing to share some planview fire truck and emergency vehicle symbols? I do not need these for 3D.

Thanks in advance.

V11-V2024

#2 Warren Ducote

Warren Ducote

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • LocationMontgomery, Texas

Posted 07 May 2015 - 02:28 PM

Todd, send me an email to:  warrenducote@gmail.com

I have a symbol for a Ladder Truck and an Engine. Being a retired Houston Firefighter and all what would you expect!

I tried to upload these two files to this response, but I get a message "You aren't permitted to upload this kind of files". 

Well ain't that just dandy!!

• Todd Williard likes this

#3 Thomas Davis

Thomas Davis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  • LocationOrange Park, Florida

Posted 07 May 2015 - 04:03 PM

Warren,

You have to put the symbol into a .ZIP file and then upload it.

• Warren Ducote likes this

#4 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 07 May 2015 - 07:25 PM

Todd, you could always download the 3D symbols from Sketchup warehouse and get Softplan to produce the 2D symbols for you. Search "RobDesign emergency vehicles" you should find some good ones. It has the added benefit of also being able to use the 3D if you ever decide you need too.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#5 Todd Williard

Todd Williard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 08 May 2015 - 07:45 AM

Warren, thank you, email is on the way.

Keith, I did go to the 3d warehouse before I posted. I downloaded and let the Sp symbol wizard do its thing. I am not happy with the 2d representation of the symbol it created. And while nice,  I really do not need it for 3d.

Thanks guys for your input and help.

V11-V2024

#6 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 08 May 2015 - 07:54 AM

That's one of my ONLY gripes with the symbols. The wizard does a great job with the 3D, but the 2D representations (especially of very complex items) sometimes leaves a great deal to be desired. My No.1 item on my wishlist is to be able to edit a 2d representation and reattach it to a completed 3D without having to completely redesign the symbol. It's not bad with a symbol that only has 2 or 3 colours, but a lot of the complex 3D symbols have lots of colours - was looking at one of the fire trucks yesterday, and it was noted that it had 80 colours. Again, wouldn't be too bad if you could somehow keep the colours, but Softplan doesn't assume that every time you want to use a 3D symbol it has to be the same colour ... which is a good thing, except when you have to recolour a 3D symbol to add it to a new 2D.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users