#1 Jonathan Barto

Jonathan Barto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, Pa

Posted 16 April 2019 - 07:33 AM

I am having issues with multi floor roofs on all our drawings.

When we close out of a project and open it back up the roofs that are drawn on a mult floor  (say a porch roof on the first floor) is jumped up in the air or all messed up and we have to redraw this.

When is this getting fixed?? 

On a side note

I must say I have been very disappointed with this release of 2020.  There has been so may bugs and issues that it is really causing issues with our drawing and even certain softlist items.  

I really wished we had not upgraded.  I have always looked forward to the upgrades and they have been great in the past.  This year has not been the case.

Thanks

#2 Brent Hyndman

Brent Hyndman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 12:28 PM

I have logged the issue you reported about the roof. I was able to recreated it using 'Add Shed Roof' on the main floor. If you have other cases, please submit a ticket for us to review.

If there are any other specific issues that you have concerns with that have not been sent to us as tickets, please do so to ensure we can take a closer look.

• John Jones likes this

#3 Jonathan Barto

Jonathan Barto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, Pa

Posted 17 April 2019 - 07:52 PM

Hello Brent

Thanks.

Another issue we are having right now...

This is regarding drawing in a header over a garage door. If you make the header say as long as the wall. (portal framing) It works fine. save drawing. still works. close drawing. open drawing. still fine. close project. open project header above garage door is no longer the length we drew in. it goes back to a standard header. This is a huge problem for us. Messes up softlist. It was suggested that we draw in using a beam.. But then it doesn't report under the correct spot. We have a very detailed softlist set up where we have to have it report in the correct spot for the framing ship list and also the framer knows where to use it at. This was not a problem with 2016 or 2018. We need a better solution that will work and report correctly as a header in softlist

#4 Brent Hyndman

Brent Hyndman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 07:56 AM

If there is already a ticket for this please let me know and we will follow up on it again.
If you haven't submitted a ticket yet, please do so and we will take a look.
  • John Jones likes this

#5 Larry Hartensteiner

Larry Hartensteiner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 07 September 2022 - 09:53 PM

The multi roof problem still exists to this day. I can shut down with a good drawing and return the next time to have the bottom roof revert to the 8 ft. default plate.I have a wall designed for 9'-1-1/8".
The roof was draw on the second floor in multi-floor
mode. I have SoftPlan 2020.

#6 Sam Morgan

Sam Morgan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 08 September 2022 - 08:37 AM

Cleanup usually solves multi floor roof issues

• David Zawadzki likes this

#7 Tim Stockton

Tim Stockton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • LocationWichita, KS

Posted 05 October 2022 - 10:40 AM

I have experienced this on rare occasions and cleanup seems to always fix it for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users