#1 JOHN PATTERSON

JOHN PATTERSON

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationPowell Ohio

Posted 16 April 2019 - 09:06 AM

What is the best way yo draw a tray ceiling in a Master Bedroom. Do you use the tray ceiling in ceiling mode, or do you use tray  in interior mode. The tray in interior mode seams to work and is easy, but I am unable to edit the elevation to adjust it to the top of the wall. The tray ceiling in ceiling mode seams cumbersome. What I am trying to achieve is a double try ceiling in a Master Bedroom with the flat area to be 18" wide and off set up 7 1/4" for each off set. 

#2 Brent Hyndman

Brent Hyndman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 02:00 PM

Creating the Tray in Ceiling mode will start at the top of the wall and  build the shape as part of the ceiling.

The Tray Ceiling in Interior mode is built within the wall and ceiling structure already there. That said, if you give the tray a custom offset down of 0.000" that will move the tray above the top of the wall. You can then also push the ceiling above the wall height by editing its offset..

#3 JOHN PATTERSON

JOHN PATTERSON

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationPowell Ohio

Posted 17 April 2019 - 05:28 AM

Hello Brent,

When I add the tray in interior mode, and set the offset at o it moves the top of the tray a couple of inches above the top of the ceiling. I would like to have the bottom of the tray to be at the ceiling ht. I raised the ceiling, but it seams the tray reference's to the wall. When I add in ceiling mode I am not able to add a double tray ceiling. I can only add a single tray.

#4 Brent Hyndman

Brent Hyndman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 08:10 AM

It needs to be set in the 'Custom Offset' field for the Tray. If you are still having trouble, please send us a ticket for the project.

Attached Files

#5 JOHN PATTERSON

JOHN PATTERSON

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationPowell Ohio

Posted 17 April 2019 - 12:14 PM

The custom offset is only for moving down. I want to move up.

#6 Brent Hyndman

Brent Hyndman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 01:18 PM

It measures the distance from the top of the wall down to the bottom of the tray. If set to 0.000" it will push the tray above the top of the wall.

If you have tried it and still have issues, please send us a ticket.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users