#1 Edward Shannon

Edward Shannon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, Iowa

Posted 23 October 2019 - 01:16 PM

I am reposting this as it was part of my previous thread. 

I have viewed 45 minute the vid twice (and have replayed numerous portions) and am still struggling to get this thing right!  I spent about 15 minutes on the phone with tech support and had to beg them to not just give me a written response, but let me work through some of these things while being on the phone!  So here is my latest.  I have modelled all the existing grade lines and wish to alter some.  Tech support said I can add "New" Grade lines.  I did this.  However there is no way (as far as I can tell) to "remove" the altered existing grade line?!  I'm not sure why they have "New" and "Existing" grade lines if they don't mean anything? 

A. How do others show this graphically?  Normally altered grade lins would be shown dashed

B. How does one alter an existing grade line.  Is there a way to "Break the polyline? Must I redraw each altered existing grade line, thus making them "new" when if nace they are existing?  Something is not working right here. 

C. I am now trying my own "work around".  1. Exploding each existing grade line that is being altered.  2.  converting the line segments back to site lines and then back to polylines.  3.  connecting these with the "New" Grade lines.  Hoping the model will behave like a true site that has had the grading altered.  

altering grades is very common.  I would love to know if there is a better way to do this?  Certainly some of you more seasoned SP users have found a way to do this? 

Attached Files

Edward J Shannon, ArCH/NCARB/LEED GA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users