#1 Yvon Gonthier

Yvon Gonthier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 12 June 2015 - 08:24 AM

We're presently waiting to update to 2016 for the major items to be resolved but haven't heard about to many patches being issued. Is this the case?

#2 D M

D M

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts
  • Location..

Posted 12 June 2015 - 10:31 AM

I'm in the same boat, .. waiting for patches, .. (and an upgrade to my graphics card mainly)

The only patches I'm aware of are 2016.2.1 and 2016.2.2, ..

I don't think that these completely resolve some of the issues that members have been posting.

.. invariably, someone will have a simpler solution.

#3 Dominic Ward

Dominic Ward

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationPuyallup, Washington

Posted 12 June 2015 - 10:31 AM

I am currently running version 2.0 of 2016 and have had no problems. I do not use it everyday like some do here on the forum but when I use it I have found no major problems. Been pretty stable for me. I hope that my input helps you out and I recommend that you do upgrade as it has some very nice features.

Dominic  

Dominic Ward

Currently using Softplan 2014 Version 3.4, Softplan 2016, and Softplan 2018 version 3.0

#4 Thomas Roman

Thomas Roman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 12 June 2015 - 11:01 AM

the new features outweigh the handful of items that still need to be patched...

as things stand right now, I would HATE to go back to ver 2014...

#5 randolph cohn

randolph cohn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • Locationmarin county - california

Posted 12 June 2015 - 12:12 PM

same here tom,

i don't seem to get the issues a few of the others have.

i'm on the latest 2016.2.2

dominic,  why are you on 2016.2.0 ?

randy

v10 to future 2016+ ;)

#6 Dominic Ward

Dominic Ward

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationPuyallup, Washington

Posted 12 June 2015 - 01:28 PM

Hello Randy,

The reason why I am on 2.0 is that I usually wait a while to see if others have small issues with the update and if they do I will sometimes wait until fixed. 2.0 I find has been stable so far.

Have a great weekend Randy,

Dominic

Dominic Ward

Currently using Softplan 2014 Version 3.4, Softplan 2016, and Softplan 2018 version 3.0

#7 Sam Morgan

Sam Morgan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 04:24 PM

I'm still waiting for several issues to be resolved.  Most of the small annoyances have been fixed very well....but I still have several that I've been told have been forwarded to development.  The guys at SP have always come through with patches to fix things on previous releases so I've got not reason to believe things won't improve over the next couple of months.  

#8 randolph cohn

randolph cohn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • Locationmarin county - california

Posted 12 June 2015 - 06:04 PM

i get the patches immediately so i can do my part with continuing testing which

all software goes thru.

randy

v10 to future 2016+ ;)

#9 Ken Montag

Ken Montag

• Administrators
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 07:04 PM

Sorry but could you please be a little more specific on which issues you are waiting to be fixed.

#10 Philip Frank

Philip Frank

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 15 June 2015 - 04:55 AM

When using the Repeat Edit tool in Version 2014 the item that you first edited would highlight so you knew which item you were repeating. Not working in version 2016. It's been reported and duplicated by support  (Ticket 8417) and is listed as complete, but using the most current 2016 (version 2.2) it still doesn't work.

Phil

#11 Sam Morgan

Sam Morgan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 09:26 PM

Moving notes in multi drawings are excruciatingly slow.  Recently worked with tech on it and was told it was passed on to development.  I've also had times when drawings in multi's change drawing modes by themselves....only happens occasionally and I can't reproduce it...kind of erratic.  Tech guys have been great about looking into problems for me and suggesting what may be wrong.

Sam

#12 Bruce Donelson

Bruce Donelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 05:18 PM

When copying with the SoftPlan clipboard, all of the objects being copied come in on the current layer and the current Building Option. So if you are bringing in an assembly from another project you will lose all of its layers. No pen weights, colors, fading, etc. SoftPlan may not be considering this to be a problem, so it might not ever get a patch.

• Thomas Roman likes this

#13 John Jones

John Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 251 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 07:25 AM

If you set the current layer to "DEFAULT" the pasted items will be set to the layer from their source.  If a current layer is selected the pasted items are pasted to the selected layer. 

#14 Bruce Donelson

Bruce Donelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 03:23 PM

When putting a Partial Drawing (cropped) in a Multi Drawing, the Model Paint bleeds off past the edge of the crop when printed. Since Model Paint is new to me, I just erased it. I suppose you could put a paint break line in at the crop place, and still use it. Tech support says they have forwarded the issue to Development.

#15 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,101 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 10 July 2015 - 04:58 PM

Mr. Montag, you wanted to know what was still outstanding ...

Still awaiting fixes for ...

Moving objects with snap enabled creates blank white box. Being told by Tech Support to turn snap OFF is not a fix. I work with snap enabled for a reason.

Working with plan sets open creates odd thicknesses and colours on the plans. Again, being told to close plan sets is not a fix. It's supposed to work properly.

Are there fixes for these yet? Is there going to be a patch anytime soon?

As Phil mentioned above, the support tickets for these items have been marked as COMPLETE. Clearly they still need work. Is a complete ticket assumed to have been fixed, or are Development aware, and still working on these issues.
Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users