1 reply to this topic

#1 Denis Reis

Denis Reis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 06 February 2020 - 04:05 PM

So after using Softplan for over 10 years we have decided to finally get into Softlist....

I'm half way through the tutorial videos and have already learned a lot

Do you guys have any tips / suggestions on where to start in setting up the material list and reports?

Should I start from scratch or take an existing one and modify it to my needs? I want to use an Excel spreadsheet for all the pricing

#2 Philip Frank

Philip Frank

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 11 February 2020 - 07:07 AM

Save down a copy of the SoftList  " Standard Detailed" report  (use windows Explorer) and rename it to your liking. Run a report with your new copy and then start fine tuning the individual lines of the report by editing the material definition so that they report the way you want them to be. Over time you'll have a good reliable report. Keep in mind that this will take some time. Cherry pick the easy material definition to modify and then systematically tackle the tougher ones. If your on SoftPlan support, by all means utilize their expertise. The have come up with some amazing solutions to tweaking SoftList for me.

One other piece of advice. Take advantage of "User Defined Variables" and also "User Defined Group Properties" to expand the option of material choices in your formulas.

The learning curve is a little steep, but SoftList is a very powerful solution to accurate take offs. 

• Danial Anderson and BOB ADAMS like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users