2 replies to this topic

#1 Adam Marquart

Adam Marquart

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationOmaha, NE

Posted 25 February 2020 - 10:10 AM

I'm a new user, Softplan 2020 plus user of 30-days.

Stairs and stairwells showing on the floors above.

If I have a multi-floor plan, ranch with finished basement (even a two-story), is it the proper work-flow to draw the staircase on the lower floor climbing to the floor above?

Then, in my case and example, I'm having a hard time finding out how create a stairwell (opening in the floor) shown on the "drawing" tab for the main level. I get using the create headroom opening in the stair options, but only seems to affect and show "properly" when in the floor systems tab...

Am I missing how to create a stairwell (opening in floor) within the "drawing" tab?

My work around came about from overlays... creating an additional drawing to an overlay of just the basement stairs to load into the main floor drawing.

What am I missing?

Only looking for a breadcrumb trail to the answer. Not asking you to hand me the work around, appreciated if that's easier.

Please & Thank You,

Adam Marquart

@redfloorplans

https://redresidentialdesign.com

#2 Dennis Asher

Dennis Asher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  • LocationWillow Springs, Missouri

Posted 25 February 2020 - 11:04 AM

Yes the stair should be on the lower level.  Edit your stair and go to stair options.  At the bottom of the dialog box click on "create framed hole".  In order to show my stairs on the above level I copy & paste the stairs and the set them to not extract in model..

• Adam Marquart likes this

#3 Adam Marquart

Adam Marquart

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationOmaha, NE

Posted 25 February 2020 - 02:11 PM

Yes the stair should be on the lower level.  Edit your stair and go to stair options.  At the bottom of the dialog box click on "create framed hole".  In order to show my stairs on the above level I copy & paste the stairs and the set them to not extract in model..

I can follow that! Thanks Dennis!

Please & Thank You,

Adam Marquart

@redfloorplans

https://redresidentialdesign.com

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: stairs, stairwell, multiple floors

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users