7 replies to this topic

#1 DENIS DALLAIRE

DENIS DALLAIRE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationBrossard ,Quebec ,Canada

Posted 19 March 2020 - 02:45 PM

When I do a rendering, I have a problem with stone and Brick librairies.

Is there another library that I can use or download.

We build Modern houses and we cannot have the new materials for presentation to our customers.

PS: The same thing with the furnitures, trees, vehicles, peoples, shingles, backgrounds... it look like in the sixties

Thank you

Denis

Attached Files

#2 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,101 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 19 March 2020 - 03:28 PM

The stone/brick libraries, are the products that actually exist. What specifically do you want? if there's a specific manufacturer that you use ... Who is it? Do they provide seamless textures of their products? If yes, download them and use them ... if no, can we assist you in finding something close that will suffice?

Not sure what you mean by "we cannot have the new materials for presentation to our customer" ... You may have to clarify what you want to show.

Generally ... if you can find a seamless texture of the material you want, it can be added to your libraries. if you can't and it's not actually available then Softplan can't really give you something that doesn't exist, can they?

I think that the libraries are really quite extensive, but maybe I've just downloaded materials that I've found ...

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#3 Allen McDonnell

Allen McDonnell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 960 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 20 March 2020 - 07:47 AM

Great work Denis.

#4 DENIS DALLAIRE

DENIS DALLAIRE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationBrossard ,Quebec ,Canada

Posted 20 March 2020 - 11:19 AM

I will explain to you

I have softplan plus 2020.2.7

I have a library that ilook  the same as it was  20 years ago in my first Softplan software

I would need some exteriors libraries similar to the houses that are built in america.

The companies that supply bricks and stone in my area are arriscraft, techobloc, rinox, brampton, permacon,shouldice,

I asked some cies for the program file that could help me but answer is no.

Is it possible to download these brick and stone from the manufacturers, or is there some libraries already in softplan user forum like the old bone yard

I would like your help because I am a not a  computer freak.

Thank you.

Denis

#5 Dennis Hilborn

Dennis Hilborn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts
  • LocationDFW Texas

Posted 20 March 2020 - 12:19 PM

Google "TEXTURES' and then click on "Images".  That should get you started.

Go to the mfg. websites and see if they show textures.  Some do and Some don't.

#6 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,101 posts

Posted 20 March 2020 - 03:22 PM

Okay, try these sites ...

Arriscraft ... Arriscraft have (as far as I'm aware) seamless textures of ALL their products here ... https://www.arriscra...a32c09f534a.zip

Techno-Bloc ... I haven't looked as the textures so they may not be seamless, are here ... http://techo-bloc.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Techo-Bloc_JPEG.zip ... EDIT: Now I've looked at them ... Definitely worth a download.

Rinox ... Again, I haven't looked at them ... You may have to search in these files ... https://www.dropbox....h17p3mltXa?dl=0

Brampton Brick ... I believe that they have seamless textures but you may have to contact them directly. They are not obvious on the website.

Permacon ... This PDF says that there are seamless textures for download as it says "Don't forget to download the library from the Permacon Support web page for professionals." ... https://permacon-web... guide 2018.pdf  ... but it's not really obvious where they are. You might want to contact Permacon and ask for a link to them. EDIT ... Try this page ... https://permacon.ca/...ssional-support. These install with a MSI (Microsoft Windows Installer) file. Navigate to the correct Softplan texture folder during the install. Again, lots of textures well worth a download.

Shouldice ... Shouldice DO have their textures as available seamless textures, but again not obvious on the website. We contacted Shouldice's technical department directly and they provided them for us.

Once you have all the textures available to you, make new folders as appropriate under C:\SoftPlan\3D\Textures\Bitmaps (your path may vary), and place the downloaded textures in those folders. They should be then available for use.

• Stephan Page likes this
Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

#7 John Jones

John Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 251 posts

Posted 20 March 2020 - 03:30 PM

Select Help > Download Additional Content .... additional textures should show up under Manufacturers and SoftPlan+.

• Steven Wohlgemuth likes this

#8 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,101 posts

Posted 21 March 2020 - 07:55 AM

Coronado Stone ... https://www.coronado...ssStoneTextures ... also have a lot (over 200) of downloadable stone textures.

Keith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users