5 replies to this topic

#1 Jeremy Stover

Jeremy Stover

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 February 2021 - 07:04 PM

Speaking of 2022...

One suggestion I have (assuming it's not too late haha!!) is to make a "Mass Duplicate" command, where we can block-select things to duplicate.

I'm working on an elevation tonight and had to turn something on to a faded layer, and when I use Duplicate it's tedious to "repeat-edit" style click everything I want to duplicate.

Maybe there's already something I don't know about?  In fact there probably is.  Hah.  But if not, I would recommend this as an alternative.

#2 Jeremy Stover

Jeremy Stover

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 February 2021 - 07:08 PM

Aaaaaand nevermind.  I was up until midnight and up at 2am to take people to the airport...I'm apparently a bit delerious.  Repeat Edit works wonders for this problem.  

Suggestion for SP Forums though - make it so we can delete our own foolishness!  Hah.

#3 Jason Bishop

Jason Bishop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 12 February 2021 - 07:16 PM

Right click on the item
Select “type selection”
Right click again
Select “edit and repeat”
Edit as needed.
Click OK
Click edit “finger” when done to turn off and finish.
  • Richard Rubinski likes this

#4 Jeremy Stover

Jeremy Stover

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 08:23 AM

Another suggestion - I haven't seen where SP has the ability to do box newels yet for stairs/railings...seems like this should be something we can do by now?

#5 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 23 February 2021 - 12:11 PM

Another suggestion - I haven't seen where SP has the ability to do box newels yet for stairs/railings...seems like this should be something we can do by now?

You can use any sort of post for the newel. So, design whatever you want and make it a post/newel and replace the ones you want. You can use lathe for fancy stuff, DWG imports for detailed posts, or caps, etc. to get looks you want.

• James Holley likes this

Mark Petri

Petri Building and Design

#6 James Holley

James Holley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis Metro, Indiana

Posted 13 April 2021 - 04:43 AM

You can use any sort of post for the newel. So, design whatever you want and make it a post/newel and replace the ones you want. You can use lathe for fancy stuff, DWG imports for detailed posts, or caps, etc. to get looks you want.

I been using the 3D warehouse A LOT and creating all my own corbels, brackets, newel posts etc for over 10 years.
Osborne web site has plenty of CAD resources as well.

James L. Holley

SoftPlan user since 1993

"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users