• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 John Pepper

John Pepper

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 406 posts

Posted 19 April 2021 - 11:23 AM

Brendan, There is a new patch out but it is the 2022.2.6 patch.  If you are running 2022-2-3B then you are still in the pre-release world and you should go to Support->Download Install to get the release installation.

If you are running 2022.2.4 or higher you should be able to patch up via the check for updates method.

The multi-drawing issue should be addressed in 2022.2.6.

• John Jones and James Holley like this

#22 Brendan Smythe

Brendan Smythe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 19 April 2021 - 11:55 AM

I just talked with Softplan, they said the issue has been fixed! :)

• James Holley likes this

#23 Chris Proost

Chris Proost

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • LocationRichmond, VA

Posted 20 April 2021 - 07:03 AM

Just installed the new patch and Multi is working like it was in 2020. Thank you SoftPlan for fixing this, now I can shift to 2022 confidently!

#24 Michael Collazo

Michael Collazo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 20 April 2021 - 11:58 AM

We went to 22x34 Ansi D to mitigate the 1/8" vs 1/4" scale issue. We use the labels for the principal scale, and add a note that translates the scale for the former. Much like civil drawings will do.

Michael A Collazo

Planmark Design Studio, LLC

Tampa, Florida

http://planmarkstudio.com

info@planmarkstudio.com

#25 Kevin Rabenaldt

Kevin Rabenaldt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 20 April 2021 - 12:41 PM

This is why I always wait a few months or more until I download the upgrade.  I always make a backup of all project files in previous version before downloading upgrade.

#26 Sam Morgan

Sam Morgan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 20 April 2021 - 01:01 PM

I'm doing the same as you suggest this time Kevin.  I've always wanted to be the first one to download the new version since I started on V13....I'm way too busy this year to have any kind of hiccups, so I'm waiting a little bit longer.  I've bid almost 300K worth of work since January 1st and I work by myself!  

#27 S. Sin

S. Sin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 April 2021 - 05:59 PM

Moving (block move) drawings within a multi drawing gets all weird. It will reduce in scale of whatever you are moving or disappear completely.

#28 John Pepper

John Pepper

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 406 posts

Posted 26 April 2021 - 08:49 AM

S. Sin,  Could you create a ticket on the project with the problem please?

Thanks

#29 S. Sin

S. Sin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 April 2021 - 09:22 AM

S. Sin,  Could you create a ticket on the project with the problem please?

Thanks

submitted on ticket # 66815

#30 James Holley

James Holley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis Metro, Indiana

Posted 28 April 2021 - 07:20 AM

I just talked with Softplan, they said the issue has been fixed! :)

It is fixed on my end after the last patch. All works well including the "align function" HOWEVER, I may still try to switch to plan sets, depending on a couple notions. Another member who uses it faithfully and I have yet to actually have a conversation, but shared his number and says he can save me much unnecessary time doing it a certain way. That said, I'll probably use both types, depending on the physical overall size of the plan. It's big when 1/8 is on 18 x 24 and 1/4 on E size and you STILL have to do a plan split as it's that wide.

James L. Holley

SoftPlan user since 1993

"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence

#31 James Holley

James Holley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 28 April 2021 - 07:22 AM

Moving (block move) drawings within a multi drawing gets all weird. It will reduce in scale of whatever you are moving or disappear completely.

This is a new one I have yet to experience.

James L. Holley

SoftPlan user since 1993

"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence

#32 James Holley

James Holley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 28 April 2021 - 07:25 AM

This is why I always wait a few months or more until I download the upgrade.  I always make a backup of all project files in previous version before downloading upgrade.

I started using 2 HDD's in all my systems back in the late 90's. C: drive programs only, D: drive all drawings (entire projects folder) and important docs, pics and business info. If my OS goes haywire, i can reinstall, restore or what ever and only have to reinstall half dozen programs.

In fact, I am in the process of putting together a NAS which has 2 T byte drives and is constantly backing up both drives.

James L. Holley

SoftPlan user since 1993

#33 James Holley

James Holley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 28 April 2021 - 07:30 AM

We went to 22x34 Ansi D to mitigate the 1/8" vs 1/4" scale issue. We use the labels for the principal scale, and add a note that translates the scale for the former. Much like civil drawings will do.

I was specing the ANSI size, but then I found out they charge a considerable amount more at the printing service places for the 22" over the 24" roll. So, I went back to ARCH D, just has a bit wider margin area. The cost was truly significant enough to do this for my builders. I print 11x17, but all the 1/4 scale printing is done just down the street at my local office max. I and all my builders use them so when  plan has my name on it, whom ever is paying gets 15% off the top right away and then their "quantity discounts as well" for a certain SF of paper used.

I researched enough to help save a few bucks for my clients, and also saw their printer setup ( I owned a 12k large format unit for over 15 years) they use 3 rolls, 24" wide, 36" wide and 48" wide.

James L. Holley

SoftPlan user since 1993

#34 James Holley

James Holley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 28 April 2021 - 07:40 AM

I've been BETA testing for years, to me a new version is like a kid getting a new toy. However, I am a long time tester (Softplan since back in 1990) as well as Windows XP, 8 and 10. I NEVER touched Vista or 7, they were a joke from the start.
You are right however, when pre-release came out I started 1 new garage project in it. This was how I learned the moving plan issue as well as several others. Once the "official release was available I just make sure to keep my previous up and running for all existing plans, but was happy to take the new release and find bugs and give feedback.

Kinda like my modified vehicles, each new version of my tuning software is immediately loaded and checked and logged to see differences. So far the past 2 versions there were great!

James L. Holley

SoftPlan user since 1993

#35 S. Sin

S. Sin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 April 2021 - 03:35 PM

This is a new one I have yet to experience.

It doesn't seem to happen all the time. And I haven't been able to recreate it. It just happens randomly. Wonder if its a RAM issue.

Update 2022-2-7 just came out, will see if anything was fixed.

#36 Richard Taylor

Richard Taylor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 05:33 PM

Has this been resolved?

#37 James Holley

James Holley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 03 May 2021 - 12:16 PM

It doesn't seem to happen all the time. And I haven't been able to recreate it. It just happens randomly. Wonder if its a RAM issue.

Update 2022-2-7 just came out, will see if anything was fixed.

I have yet to experience it in the newest release, you mention RAM, I would likely bet more a driver issue. Unless your system has a board or "RAM" driver that CAN be updated. Now, a for MB, could be a BIOS update.
I know my windows updated entirely, Needed and additional
My GFX card popped up with a new driver.
Even the mouse/keyboard combos were updated.

James L. Holley

SoftPlan user since 1993

#38 James Holley

James Holley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 03 May 2021 - 12:17 PM

Has this been resolved?

Richard, I've not experienced it since the 2022.2.7 update patch they released a week or so ago.

• Richard Taylor likes this

James L. Holley

SoftPlan user since 1993

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users