3 replies to this topic

#1 Fred Russell

Fred Russell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 13 April 2021 - 01:50 PM

took some time, but I found the light that works for me on the outside of the building, with Path trace. several worked with 2020, 

It's the Illuminance (Lux),      I was a little frustrated and Tech really didn't give a clear answer.

Thought I would share.

Maybe was just me, but the LUX light puts the icing on 3D, the way I use it.    

Now 3D is ready to rock on my machine

Attached Files

#2 Fred Russell

Fred Russell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 14 April 2021 - 06:49 AM

love the ability to extension the rough or the center of an opening with one click

• John Jones likes this

#3 Gary Anderson

Gary Anderson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationBisamrck, ND

Posted 16 April 2021 - 12:05 PM

Fred, what light is this?  

your drawing looks like it is electrical symbol so i looked at the electrical library but couldn't find any, did you get one somewhere else? i do see in 3d model that under "sun options" it has the Illuminance (lux) option

I would like to make more realistic 3-D but honestly i need to play with it more to figure it out.

Thank you for any input. and thanks for sharing

Gary Anderson

SoftPlan user scene 1993

#4 Fred Russell

Fred Russell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 17 April 2021 - 07:21 AM

It's the tool to right of light bulb, it says Direct light when you hover over it,  It throws a lot of light like the sun does.  I use it like the sun a lot by putting the Position Z up more and it does shadows, like the sun.

Point light and spot light don't seem to do like they did with 2020, but the "Direct light (LUX) is good for me.

I'm doing Direct X12, with Path Tracing on , auto light source unchecked (in lighting tab)

It's easy to get wraPPED UP IN making 3D really nice, and eat up time from doing the actual plan.

Always amazes me that do the floor plan and then a 3D can appear. Editing from the 3D is great.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users