#1 David Johnson

David Johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls, SD

Posted 04 May 2021 - 02:09 PM

Wasn't sure where to post this, but has anyone had any strange issues while in the 3D view modes like this image shows? This only happens when I am using SoftPlan, so I am not sure if it is a SoftPlan issue, or something weird with my video card. I checked all the drivers for the card, they are up to date. I have not had this happen in any other software, and I use SketchUp to model in 3D almost daily.Attached File  3D WEIRD.jpg   282.45KB   0 downloads

#2 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 04 May 2021 - 02:26 PM

Does it happen in all modes? ... Check on the opacities in the mode ... Default watercolour mode has some really odd opacities applied.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#3 David Johnson

David Johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 04 May 2021 - 03:44 PM

Attached File  Screenshot 2021-05-04 164244.jpg   80.9KB   0 downloads

All the mode settings were still on the default settings from the upgrade installation. It also did it in wireframe mode, which is weird. It also gave that weird "Encountered an improper" message.

#4 Fred Russell

Fred Russell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 04 May 2021 - 05:20 PM

Sorta looks like you have denoise unchecked in Path tracing

#5 Jeffrey Elliott

Jeffrey Elliott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationNew Palestine, IN

Posted 04 May 2021 - 08:33 PM

Crashing and 3d is really messed up.

Jeff Elliott

New Palestine, IN

jeffelliott@me.com

NPI Consulting LLC

#6 Fred Russell

Fred Russell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 05 May 2021 - 01:49 PM

Don't know, I haven't had any 3D crashing, and in fact it has been working really smooth and building super fast.      I had a couple shutdowns early on, none with 3D, but Softplan restores them back to almost where I left off now days. At present, with up to date patches, my stuff is running good 10 hours a day.

#7 John Pepper

John Pepper

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 406 posts

Posted 05 May 2021 - 02:44 PM

David, I would try updating your video drivers.  Your second image looks like you are running out of windows resources as well.  Does this happen to you on all projects?  Does it happen to you with both DX11 and DX12 engines?

#8 David Johnson

David Johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 06 May 2021 - 08:11 AM

My drivers are all up to date, I checked them the first time I had the issue. It has happened when changing the modes to DX11, DX12 and software ray tracer. I cannot seem to figure out a commonality between the times it happens, I have had it happen in random projects under what seems to be random conditions.

#9 John Pepper

John Pepper

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 406 posts

Posted 06 May 2021 - 09:55 AM

I'm glad it isn't happening all the time.  It appears to be some sort of resource issue.  If you have a model it happens and you are in the DX12 renderer, take a screen shot of the help ->Information->Renderer tab, if you can.

That information especially the Local Memory being used value may give us a clue as to what is happening with your system.

#10 David Johnson

David Johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 06 May 2021 - 12:43 PM

Will do, I'll make myself a note to do this if it happens again.

• John Pepper likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users