#1 Carl Lee

Carl Lee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationMadison, Ga.

Posted 29 June 2021 - 08:30 AM

Is there a way to have the elevation profile lines generate heavier, without doing them one by one, so that they look more pronounced than the paint lines? 

#2 John Jones

John Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 251 posts

Posted 29 June 2021 - 09:00 AM

Elevation generated leyers - SoftPlan 2022 - SoftPlan Users Forum

#3 Jon Davis

Jon Davis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 29 June 2021 - 10:59 AM

I have by default all of my paint settings set to a really light .05 weight... The default for lines I think is .2 or .3 so this gives a good contrast. 

You can set this as default somewhere in system settings... I can't remember where at the moment. 

#4 Allen McDonnell

Allen McDonnell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 29 June 2021 - 02:42 PM

When you "paint" for instance "roofting b".....is there a way to have SP automatically assign that to a layer?  This way it is automated and i dont have to always select manually through edit or changing the layer i am currently using.

#5 Jon Davis

Jon Davis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 30 June 2021 - 06:58 AM

I'm not sure if you can set paint patterns to come in on a certain layer. I can't find anywhere that you can.

#6 Joseph Smith

Joseph Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 30 June 2021 - 10:05 AM

I save out my elevations in model mode then explode them so i can use my various pen widths to achieve proper lineweights for everything.  My elevation completion time is longer but final output is great.

Attached Files

• Carl Lee, Allen McDonnell, Jon Davis and 1 other like this

Joseph A. Smith

http://granitedesigngroup.com

#7 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 30 June 2021 - 10:37 AM

As John said earlier, you can generate an elevation - setup the layers however you want them and then save that elevation layer setup for future use. If an elevation generates layers that ALREADY exist, it will use the configuration from the existing layers. So you can make sure your layer setup is always consistent and as you want it too show ... Same goes for sections. You can then create a single drawing that has ALL the layers you need too draw already setup as default layers in you preferred configuration.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#8 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts

Posted 30 June 2021 - 10:51 AM

I'm not sure if you can set objects to come in on a certain layer. I can't find anywhere that you can.

Symbols can be set to come in on specific layers.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

#9 Jon Davis

Jon Davis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 01 July 2021 - 09:45 AM

Symbols can be set to come in on specific layers.

Well I meant when painting... sorry. 

#10 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts

Posted 01 July 2021 - 09:47 AM

Agreed you can't do it with paint. Although it would be an excellent option to add.

• Jon Davis likes this
Keith

#11 Carl Lee

Carl Lee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationMadison, Ga.

Posted 01 July 2021 - 02:09 PM

I save out my elevations in model mode then explode them so i can use my various pen widths to achieve proper lineweights for everything.  My elevation completion time is longer but final output is great.

That's what I'm talking about!  I've been doing each line manually.  Is there a setting that will generate that? if not there should be.....IMO it looks much better.   

#12 Joseph Smith

Joseph Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 01 July 2021 - 03:23 PM

Annotated Elevations possibly, maybe someone can post a sample elevation showing the capabilities..  I don't use them, I think they look cheap, they contain lines I cant stand e.g. mitered window trim lines, mitered freeze lines and other uncontrollable lines that cant be removed.  Lack of control of quick notes or story height stuff I like to add.  That said, I'll stick to the old way of generating elevations.  Just my opinion.

• Gary McKeon and Allen McDonnell like this

Joseph A. Smith

http://granitedesigngroup.com

#13 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts

Posted 01 July 2021 - 07:15 PM

That's what I'm talking about!  I've been doing each line manually.  Is there a setting that will generate that? if not there should be.....IMO it looks much better.   

As I said above (maybe badly) ... Generate an elevation ... set all the layers as the pens you want them to be, and save the new layers as a system default. The generated elevations will then ALL use the new pen settings in the default layers.

• Carl Lee and John Jones like this
Keith

#14 Allen McDonnell

Allen McDonnell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 02 July 2021 - 07:49 AM

Keith, i am trying to figure this out as well.  Primarily i focus on 3d but would like to snazzy up the elevations...specifically line weight.  What would my steps look like from this screen.  This is AFTER i saved a "front elevation" dwg  2d drawing.

When i hit the button "save to system" nothing happens.  And i dont think i should save it as a template.

Also, cannot stand the white screen.  reminds me of my eye floaters.

Attached Files

#15 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts

Posted 02 July 2021 - 10:13 AM

Okay Allen, this is how it's supposed to work.

Don't edit the linework pens in the drawing.

You go through that layer setup and set every applicable layer to the colour and pen thickness that you want (it's probably better to select colours rather than black so you can see what changes).

Once that is done then SAVE TO SYSTEM.

You won't see any difference immediately, but every drawing generated after that (probably only in new projects, as there aren't any project defaults changed), should generate the same layers and since they are already setup, the draing should use your configured default settings.

Some drawings may generate additional layers and if this is the case, then configure them also, and then re-SAVE TO SYSTEM

• Allen McDonnell and RUSSELL LITTEN like this
Keith

#16 Allen McDonnell

Allen McDonnell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 02 July 2021 - 10:38 AM

Ok....Thanks Keith.

#17 Carl Lee

Carl Lee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationMadison, Ga.

Posted 05 July 2021 - 12:46 PM

As I said above (maybe badly) ... Generate an elevation ... set all the layers as the pens you want them to be, and save the new layers as a system default. The generated elevations will then ALL use the new pen settings in the default layers.

I tried what you suggested and it worked well. Thanks for the Tip.   The more I know, the more I know, I don't know!  

#18 Fred Dickson

Fred Dickson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 05 July 2021 - 03:06 PM

• Allen McDonnell likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users