5 replies to this topic

#1 Shane Pittman

Shane Pittman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 August 2021 - 03:41 PM

Any idea how to fix the header location above the windows that's sticking through the roof. Its generating over a louver that was added in the gable? AND any thoughts on why the first floor roof framing is missing just below that window opening? Its like there is a hole there.  

Thanks for the help.

Shane

#2 Shane Pittman

Shane Pittman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 August 2021 - 03:42 PM

Attachment. 

Attached Thumbnails

• Screen Shot 2021-08-14 at 4.37.16 PM.jpg

#3 Jeremy Plum

Jeremy Plum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationBishop, Ca.

Posted 14 August 2021 - 06:44 PM

make sure the RO dimensions are correct and/or adjust the floor to top of wall number

Jeremy Plum

Plum Design & Construction

#4 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 16 August 2021 - 09:36 AM

If the gable vent is connected to the window below it may be shifting the header for the wider opening up. If you go to the header tab in the window and can check to exclude from unit openings (if it shows up), then that ought to help. Then, as Jeremy said, check your header sizes. If the vent is in a gable truss you shouldn't need a header and can uncheck header. Otherwise, you can choose a better header size.

Mark Petri

Petri Building and Design

#5 Shane Pittman

Shane Pittman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 August 2021 - 12:56 PM

Thanks guys for the help.... unfortunately, I have tried all of what you both mentioned. The louver is not connected to the group (it was at one time) and in both openings, the window group and louver, the header option is grayed out and unavailable for editing. I have tried all kinds of things but have been unsuccessful.... A little history... I added the louver via the roof but had to remove the gable wall because I couldn't trim it out of the triple window. When I removed the gable wall from the roof and extended the end wall up into the gable keeping the louver I had an issue where the inside wrap of the louver was sticking out about 18" from the louver and had an adobe brick pattern. Needless to say what seems like it should be a simple fix has thus far become an insurmountable obstacle. I know there is a solution somewhere, but what balance of settings is gonna help me achieve the results I want?... I wish there was a way to override some of these automated things. Maybe there is and I just don't know about it, yet. :)

#6 Shane Pittman

Shane Pittman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 August 2021 - 04:43 PM

UPDATE: Reached to out to support on this issue. I found out that the best way to do this is to add in the roof gable and not the way I did here. I mentioned that I had problems with that also which is why I ended up doing it the way I did leading to this post. Anyway, I wound up fixing the original problem. Apparently, the original issue that I was having was caused by a the gable roof being generated on the third floor with the fit to roof walls on the 2nd floor. Apparently they don't plan well together. Thanks again guys for the help.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Header, header, roof

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users