Martin Livingston

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • LocationHalifax, Nova Scotia

Posted 15 August 2021 - 09:41 AM

Hi,

To make my material takeoffs more complete I have started to use the "strapping" option for my ceilings. There seems to be an anomaly at the parallel edge of the ceiling where the strapping appears to end or start with a strapping member on center making it poke trough the wall edge shown in the attached picture. Is there a setting I am missing to make the first (or last) strapping member flush to the edge of the ceiling?

Cheers!

Attached Files

Five out of four people are not very good with fractions

www.cresco.ca

#2 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 16 August 2021 - 08:42 PM

I'd think you could check and adjust where that edge starts, thus moving it in a little, but I have never used strapping. If it behaves like insulation attached to the ceiling then it may be best to find another way to represent the strapping. I know with insulation it can be drawn separately as well. Maybe that works with strapping?? Not in SP at the moment so can't check.

Mark Petri

Petri Building and Design

#3 Martin Livingston

Martin Livingston

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • LocationHalifax, Nova Scotia

Posted 17 August 2021 - 10:45 AM

Hi,

I sent a service ticket into the mother ship and the response was that there is no way to define the reference edges for strapping. They did, however, make a suggestion that I change the orientation from vertical to horizontal which worked but it only fixes the 3D model view. I have to switch them back so that the strapping shows correctly on my section drawings. Pain in the butt but hopefully they can resolve that issue in future updates.

Attached Files

Five out of four people are not very good with fractions

www.cresco.ca

#4 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 17 August 2021 - 12:11 PM

Martin,

Darn. There are some features that sound nice but really don't cut it. Could you use a second layer of ceiling joists to represent the strapping, thus controlling the size, orientation, spacing and starting point? More work maybe, but better control.

Mark Petri

#5 Brent Hyndman

Brent Hyndman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 18 August 2021 - 12:08 PM

If you don't want to see it in 3D you can simply turn off its visibility in the 3D material file.

• John Jones and David Zawadzki like this

#6 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 18 August 2021 - 12:43 PM

Good point Brent.

Mark Petri