#1 Gary Wicklund

Gary Wicklund

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationDuncan BC Canada

Posted 25 October 2021 - 06:59 PM

Any idea why the gable ends are doing this? 

Thanks

Attached File  2A7A2F78-F6A1-4945-885E-1A1CDD762624.jpeg   43.85KB   1 downloads

#2 David Zawadzki

David Zawadzki

Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 25 October 2021 - 10:46 PM

A friend had that same issue last week… I could not figure out what it was and told him to send it in to support.

I have not heard back from him so maybe they fixed it.
Award winning Design+Builder with over 40 years of construction experience. Homes built in Michigan, Utah and Idaho. Construction projects in CA, AZ, NV, ID, UT, NE, MO, NM, FL, GA, NY, and MI.

https://idahocustomhomes.weebly.com/

Twinmotion 2024, Autocad, SoftPlan 2024, Solidbuilder, Chief Architect X15, Sketchup, 3D Home Architect, etc.

CyberPowerPC Syber Forti SFG9EX Gaming Desktop Computer, Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz, 32GB RAM, 3TB HDD + 1TB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 10GB, Windows 10 Pro

.Disclaimer: I'm not saying I'm Superman. All I am saying is no one has seen Superman and me in the same room together.<p><p>

Softplan user since 1989

#3 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 26 October 2021 - 07:32 AM

If you select fit to roof it references any roof under the wall segment. There are a few options. First, in 2022 we have the ability to adjust the top of wall in any configuration we want. So, go into the wall edit window, click on top of wall, look for the height that is set to the lower roof (highest point) and work backward off that. You can delete step segments in the case where it jumps up and then adjust the wall heights as needed to fit the sloped top to the underside of the lower roof.

Second, you can pull back the wall so it is only under the lower roof, not the upper. That may cause some gaps you can fill in with the other end of the wall at the taller roof or do some adjustments with another wall segment if needed. Third- if you are using the gable end provided by roof feature, you are going to want to turn the lower one off and use one of the above methods to fit the wall to the lower roof.

Another option I've used in the past if the wall is just technically siding on the gable end truss, is a siding and sheathing only wall definition with the sloped top set where I need it and set at the correct offset to sit on top of the framed wall below and outside the gable truss. Unchecking clean up and sometimes checking anchor helps, but not as much as one would hope they would (sometimes you need to keep adjusting offsets if SP decides it's smarter and that wall ought to reference the floor system below it).

• Stephan Page likes this

Mark Petri

Petri Building and Design

#4 Gary Wicklund

Gary Wicklund

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationDuncan BC Canada

Posted 26 October 2021 - 07:24 PM

If you select fit to roof it references any roof under the wall segment. There are a few options. First, in 2022 we have the ability to adjust the top of wall in any configuration we want. So, go into the wall edit window, click on top of wall, look for the height that is set to the lower roof (highest point) and work backward off that. You can delete step segments in the case where it jumps up and then adjust the wall heights as needed to fit the sloped top to the underside of the lower roof.

Second, you can pull back the wall so it is only under the lower roof, not the upper. That may cause some gaps you can fill in with the other end of the wall at the taller roof or do some adjustments with another wall segment if needed. Third- if you are using the gable end provided by roof feature, you are going to want to turn the lower one off and use one of the above methods to fit the wall to the lower roof.

Another option I've used in the past if the wall is just technically siding on the gable end truss, is a siding and sheathing only wall definition with the sloped top set where I need it and set at the correct offset to sit on top of the framed wall below and outside the gable truss. Unchecking clean up and sometimes checking anchor helps, but not as much as one would hope they would (sometimes you need to keep adjusting offsets if SP decides it's smarter and that wall ought to reference the floor system below it).

Thanks Mark

Using 2020 so I’ll look at the other options,

I like the siding/sheathing idea.

• Mark Petri likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users