6 replies to this topic

#1 Mike Adams

Mike Adams

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 28 October 2021 - 05:14 AM

Not sure if this the proper way to make a suggestion and if not someone let me know please.

Three that come to mind right now.  When typing a numerical note, have the ablility to type it in the way we do  1.875'' and then the ability to hit a key and it shows 1 -7/8'' they way most of our customers (at least in the states) read it.  I have gotten use to typing numbers in a metric format and has become second nature.  Much quicker and I don't want to change how I enter numbers.  Metric ...tap a key...Imperial would be sweet.

Two.. having the ability to show the TOW and BOW (top and bottom of windows or openings) at the opening in plan view with the rest of the opening information...opening, product code, header size etc.  I don't use schedules and I place the information right on the opening in the wall in plan view.  Never liked chasing over a set of drawings looking for an opening schedule when I was building.  

Three...we all know complex roofs are finicky and the reference circles jump around or become attached to something they shouldn't etc.  Could an iron clad lock be placed on a reference circle so that it stays put only to be released if we choose.

If any of these are already in place, I apoligize.

Have a good one

• Tim Kenyon and Steven Wohlgemuth like this

#2 Jim Johnson

Jim Johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 28 October 2021 - 07:45 AM

Best way to make suggestions is on SoftPlan website (Support>SoftPlan Suggestions).  https://softplan.com/?page_id=818

SoftPlan will actually start an email dialogue with you if they need clarification.

There is a Product Suggestions area within this forum but it is mainly for us to discuss suggestions with other SoftPlan users.

• John Jones likes this

#3 Richard Rubinski

Richard Rubinski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • LocationWarner Robins, GA.

Posted 28 October 2021 - 08:06 AM

You can use the Character Map in Windows for a lot thing. I have these shortcuts on a Sticky Note on my Desktop. Most of these only work with certain fonts.

Attached Thumbnails

• Shortcut Key.JPG

Edited by Richard Rubinski, 28 October 2021 - 08:08 AM.

• Wendall Hilty likes this

#4 Mike Adams

Mike Adams

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 28 October 2021 - 08:58 AM

Point taken Jim

#5 James Holley

James Holley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis Metro, Indiana

Posted 13 May 2022 - 07:02 AM

I'm digging DEEP here as this is an old post, but I can't get the "degree" symbol to work to save me.
It makes a blank space
The directions I have are Ø = Alt 0216, the larger size. however, the really small one with ø = Alt 0248 works, but is SO SMALL....
Any suggestions?

James L. Holley

SoftPlan user since 1993

"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence

#6 Gary McKeon

Gary McKeon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationSilverton Oregon

Posted 13 May 2022 - 08:47 AM

I believe it depends upon the font you are using as to whether it works

• John Jones likes this

#7 Jim Johnson

Jim Johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 13 May 2022 - 08:48 AM

Works for me with SPhand.  Alt+0176.  Which font are you using.  If you are using a different font, open your Character Map and see if a degree sign is available.  

• John Jones likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users