• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Larry Hartensteiner

Larry Hartensteiner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 November 2021 - 07:19 PM

Has anyone have problems downloading items from 3d warehouse. It gets it to the point that it shows a notice that Softplan can only download Sketchup 2018 skp. Files or earlier. So it does not open the file to be viewed.

#2 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 09 November 2021 - 09:15 AM

In the SketchUp download screens typically there is a way to choose which version you want to download. Also, if you have SketchUp you can save back to earlier versions. I believe SoftPlan cannot handle newer files from SketchUp's latest versions.

Mark Petri

Petri Building and Design

#3 John Jones

John Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 November 2021 - 02:08 PM

SoftPlan 2022 users with SoftPlan+ subscriptions have support for Sketchup 2021 files.

• Mark Petri and Sam Morgan like this

#4 Larry Hartensteiner

Larry Hartensteiner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 November 2021 - 08:43 PM

I tend to believe they want you to subscribe to SoftPlan+ versus just buying updates. They restrict your capabilities to sway you to subscribe. Sad!!!

#5 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 11 November 2021 - 10:58 AM

I don't think you need SP+ to work with SketchUp files. John is only saying that SP+ allows downloading of the latest version. You don't even need SketchUp most of the time to import a model as their 3D warehouse gives the option of what version you download to use. But, you may need some sort of access/sign-up with SketchUp. I have had both for so long I am not sure if the oddities.

Mark Petri

Petri Building and Design

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users