Rick Kingsbury

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • LocationSpearfish, SD

Posted 15 December 2021 - 01:19 PM

Hi all.

I'm sure there is an obvious answer to this, but I can't get it!

How do I set up Plan Set groups to auto label page numbers to go A1.1- A1.2, A2.1- A2.2 , A3.1- A3.2, etc?

Any help is much appreciated.

#2 David Zawadzki

David Zawadzki

Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 663 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 15 December 2021 - 08:28 PM

I have not figured out how to add decimal page numbers.  

This is the best I can do for a drawing schedule.  Lucky the local bldg dept let's us send in residentials like this... not so much for commercial, though.

Attached Files

Award winning Design+Builder with over 40 years of construction experience. Homes built in Michigan, Utah and Idaho. Construction projects in CA, AZ, NV, ID, UT, NE, MO, NM, FL, GA, NY, and MI.

https://idahocustomhomes.weebly.com/

Twinmotion 2024, Autocad, SoftPlan 2024, Solidbuilder, Chief Architect X15, Sketchup, 3D Home Architect, etc.

CyberPowerPC Syber Forti SFG9EX Gaming Desktop Computer, Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz, 32GB RAM, 3TB HDD + 1TB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 10GB, Windows 10 Pro

.Disclaimer: I'm not saying I'm Superman. All I am saying is no one has seen Superman and me in the same room together.<p><p>

Softplan user since 1989

#3 Richard Rubinski

Richard Rubinski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • LocationWarner Robins, GA.

Posted 16 December 2021 - 04:34 AM

This is the only way that I was able to come close to what you wanted.

Create a New Plan Set; you’ll have to add a page, but delete it after the plan set is created; because you can't create a Group until you have a Plan Set to put it in. Right click on the Plan Set left click on “Add Group” , name it what ever you want, the devil seems to be in the in the “Prefix”, you have to put a period at the end of the prefix. You have to create a new group for each page, A1.1, A2.1; When you add a new page under A1 after A1.1 the next page will be A1.2

Maybe someone can add something to this after they see my post.

Attached Files

• Philip Frank, Rick Kingsbury, John Pepper and 2 others like this

#4 Rick Kingsbury

Rick Kingsbury

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • LocationSpearfish, SD

Posted 16 December 2021 - 09:34 AM

Thanks Richard.

I can make hat work.

#5 Kris Marteinsson

Kris Marteinsson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationSalmon Arm, BC

Posted 10 March 2022 - 01:33 PM

Trying to get my first plan set out and wrestling with the drawing schedule. I used groups to get the page numbers to increment properly but get the group name showing up like the example above.

So, a couple of things -

1) I don't want the group title, just the drawing number and title. Why can't I have this?

2) The order of text then number is backwards to me. You can't change this. Why not?

3) What's with the line at the end of the text going towards the page number. No other schedule does this. I don't want this.

A number of things in SP are hard coded and not editable. This is one example which needs some flexibilty.

The other pet peeve of mine is that the underline of the drawing title can't be extended to the width of the drawing. I know I could just draw an additional line but that defeats the purpose of having automation of certain things.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users