• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 David Bakaitus

David Bakaitus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 April 2022 - 09:45 AM

We are looking for a BIM Technician for our Architectural Team. Full time, Remote only. The company is a Home Builder in the process of converting AutoCAD drawings to SoftPlan with many options to incorporate into layout. 

You will be part of the team responsible for developing the construction documentation used throughout the sales, permitting, and homebuilding

processes for a Pittsburgh regional homebuilder. You will learn all aspects of the product development process as part of an energetic culture where we thrive on teamwork, collaboration, and innovative ideas. The process will allow you to make a meaningful contribution to the company as you participate in creation of the 3D architectural model within SoftPlan including structural analysis, floor and roof framing layouts, wall bracing analysis, and truss verification. Once product development is complete, you will have the opportunity to assist homebuilding personnel in resolving permitting and inspection issues and respond to questions from the field.

Primary Responsibilities (Architectural Team)

·         Develop highly detailed and accurate residential construction documents using SoftPlan 2022.

·         Consult with structural and mechanical engineers

·         Maintain project schedules

·         Develop start packages for the building permit and lot specific construction documents.

Qualifications

·         3+ years’ experience with SoftPlan BIM Software

·         Experience with 3D modeling software preferred

·         Bachelors or Associates degree, must have knowledge and understanding of residential construction practices

·         Ability to read and understand construction documents for residential construction

·         Excellent interpersonal and communication skills

·         Strong attention to detail, planning and organizational abilities

·         Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing demands in a fast-paced, professional team environment

·         Well-developed problem solving and analytical skills

Experience in residential homebuilding or production homebuilding preferred

email me at daveb@scarmazzihomes.com

• Sean Tobin likes this

#2 David Bakaitus

David Bakaitus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 May 2022 - 06:40 AM

I am looking for someone to help with the transition from Auto CAD to SoftPlan. I am open to working with someone who is proficient in SoftPlan and can work remotely providing drafting services to fill this position. My current situation is I have 6 home plans that have been started in SoftPlan in review now and redmarks need to be incorporated with completing the transition. I posted the job description above as an example of what the job will be.

I am new to this forum, am I posting this in the correct location?

If anyone is interested in providing drafting services, please contact me at:

daveb@scarmazzihomes.com

• Sean Tobin likes this

#3 Jason Bishop

Jason Bishop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 05 May 2022 - 02:09 PM

Email sent

0 user(s) are reading this topic