We are looking for a BIM Technician for our Architectural Team. Full time, Remote only. The company is a Home Builder in the process of converting AutoCAD drawings to SoftPlan with many options to incorporate into layout.
You will be part of the team responsible for developing the construction documentation used throughout the sales, permitting, and homebuilding
processes for a Pittsburgh regional homebuilder. You will learn all aspects of the product development process as part of an energetic culture where we thrive on teamwork, collaboration, and innovative ideas. The process will allow you to make a meaningful contribution to the company as you participate in creation of the 3D architectural model within SoftPlan including structural analysis, floor and roof framing layouts, wall bracing analysis, and truss verification. Once product development is complete, you will have the opportunity to assist homebuilding personnel in resolving permitting and inspection issues and respond to questions from the field.
Primary Responsibilities (Architectural Team)
· Develop highly detailed and accurate residential construction documents using SoftPlan 2022.
· Consult with structural and mechanical engineers
· Maintain project schedules
· Develop start packages for the building permit and lot specific construction documents.
· 3+ years’ experience with SoftPlan BIM Software
· Experience with 3D modeling software preferred
· Bachelors or Associates degree, must have knowledge and understanding of residential construction practices
· Ability to read and understand construction documents for residential construction
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Strong attention to detail, planning and organizational abilities
· Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing demands in a fast-paced, professional team environment
· Well-developed problem solving and analytical skills
Experience in residential homebuilding or production homebuilding preferred
email me at email@example.com