7 replies to this topic

#1 Brandi Hagen

Brandi Hagen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 July 2022 - 12:12 PM

Hello,

I need the small gable to be open all the way through to the house but I need the gable to the right of it to run into the small gable as shown. 

Does this make sense? can anyone help?

Thank you!

Attached Thumbnails

• GABLE END.jpg

#2 Bryan Schultz

Bryan Schultz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 22 July 2022 - 02:50 PM

Nothing attached.

• Brandi Hagen likes this

#3 Brandi Hagen

Brandi Hagen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 July 2022 - 07:53 AM

I updated it to have a photo.

#4 Mike Adams

Mike Adams

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 28 July 2022 - 09:20 AM

It's about the sequence you apply the roof(s). And hopefully I understood the question.

Others will have their method, but this is mine.  I built the walls with the front and rear wall opening in line, then the beams > ran the roof  east and west > put a roof on the small front gable and then applied a REVERSE GABLE to the main roof > adjusted it and slid it right to left so that it blended into the small front gable on its left side.

Hope it helped.  It takes time to learn the workarounds and one day ...it almost makes sense.

Attached Thumbnails

• Screenshot 2022-07-28 110619.jpg

#5 Brandi Hagen

Brandi Hagen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 July 2022 - 10:33 AM

I want the small gable to be vaulted all the way through to the house.

It's about the sequence you apply the roof(s). And hopefully I understood the question.

Others will have their method, but this is mine.  I built the walls with the front and rear wall opening in line, then the beams > ran the roof  east and west > put a roof on the small front gable and then applied a REVERSE GABLE to the main roof > adjusted it and slid it right to left so that it blended into the small front gable on its left side.

Hope it helped.  It takes time to learn the workarounds and one day ...it almost makes sense.

#6 Dennis Asher

Dennis Asher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • LocationWillow Springs, Missouri

Posted 28 July 2022 - 12:04 PM

I think you will need to trace the 2 roofs together, apply the gables and then on the small gable uncheck "Gable created by roof".  You will also have to edit the beam that the gable is sitting on and uncheck "Extract in model".  That's the down and dirty version.  If that doesn't give you what you're looking for then you will need to use a wall instead of a beam for under the small gable and put an angled opening in the wall to match what you are wanting it to look like.  Hope this gets you pointed in the right direction.  I am not very good at explaining these things.

#7 Gary Wicklund

Gary Wicklund

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationDuncan BC Canada

Posted 29 July 2022 - 08:54 AM

Have you tried adding a vaulted ceiling under the small gable roof?

#8 Brandi Hagen

Brandi Hagen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 July 2022 - 10:27 AM

You nailed it!! Thank you!!

I think you will need to trace the 2 roofs together, apply the gables and then on the small gable uncheck "Gable created by roof".  You will also have to edit the beam that the gable is sitting on and uncheck "Extract in model".  That's the down and dirty version.  If that doesn't give you what you're looking for then you will need to use a wall instead of a beam for under the small gable and put an angled opening in the wall to match what you are wanting it to look like.  Hope this gets you pointed in the right direction.  I am not very good at explaining these things.

• Dennis Asher likes this

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users