5 replies to this topic

#1 MICHAEL WARE

MICHAEL WARE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 August 2022 - 07:53 AM

Hello,

I work for a lumber yard and for several years have been using Softlist as my primary tool for generating estimates. We are looking for help with the increasing number of estimates and thought this would be a great place to start. Last year I sent out well over 400 estimates and this year is looking even busier.

If you're interested in either employment or per diem work let me know.

Thanks for your time!

#2 Gary Wicklund

Gary Wicklund

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationDuncan BC Canada

Posted 11 August 2022 - 07:51 AM

Curious, do you draw every plan into softplan to generate the take off in softlist?

#3 MICHAEL WARE

MICHAEL WARE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 August 2022 - 02:27 PM

We have several drafts-people so the majority of my work is reviewing their models and then generating the list. We're able to export the softlist directly into our point-of -sale system so the pricing is accurate and painless for me. I also do a fair amount of outsourced drawings where I will re-create the model and run it through. 

• John Jones and Gary Wicklund like this

#4 Philip Frank

Philip Frank

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 12 August 2022 - 04:58 AM

What do you use for your point of sale software?

• Evan Koehn likes this

#5 Myron Edwards

Myron Edwards

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationLewes, Delaware

Posted 16 July 2024 - 09:17 AM

I started out years ago using Softlist as my primary estimating system. I found that recreating every set of plans that comes in the door takes time. It certainly was a great way to become proficient in Softplan, but keeping up with cost changes and concerns over the accuracy of drawings for proper reporting became too much and quite frankly was not a good approach to a sound estimating system for me.

I elected to move on to a stand alone estimating system that I could develop specifically for my estimating and reporting needs. I can say with confidence that I have no regrets however, I have always been intrigued with the idea of having my building plans automatically generate accurate estimates. Now that I have a sound stand alone estimating system in place, I am once again applying my attention to developing my Softlist estimates and reports. It has proven to be a great way to double check take off quantities. I have yet to update lumber and material costs in Softlist but will do so when I give up my stand alone system and depend solely on Softlist for my reporting. 

P.S......When I eventually retire both Softplan and Softlist go with me! 

#6 David Zawadzki

David Zawadzki

Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 16 July 2024 - 01:03 PM

Has anyone used the Softlist Mode to create a takeoff?

Award winning Design+Builder with over 40 years of construction experience. Homes built in Michigan, Utah and Idaho. Construction projects in CA, AZ, NV, ID, UT, NE, MO, NM, FL, GA, NY, and MI.

https://idahocustomhomes.weebly.com/

Twinmotion 2024, Autocad, SoftPlan 2024, Solidbuilder, Chief Architect X15, Sketchup, 3D Home Architect, etc.

CyberPowerPC Syber Forti SFG9EX Gaming Desktop Computer, Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz, 32GB RAM, 3TB HDD + 1TB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 10GB, Windows 11 Pro

.Disclaimer: I'm not saying I'm Superman. All I am saying is no one has seen Superman and me in the same room together.<p><p>

Softplan user since 1989

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Softlist, help wanted, job

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users