#1 Paul Gsell

Paul Gsell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 23 September 2015 - 07:12 AM

Is there any way to "customize" the area names in area mode? Instead of "area 2" etc. I would like to have that area specifically shown as a room type. (ex. bedroom 1, kitchen, etc.) I'm doing material takeoffs on all of our models and I need a linear foot and square foot for each room/closet in the house. It would just make it a lot easier to cross reference my rooms with my final takeoff using names and not generic numbers for each room. I have well over thirty of these things to do so I'm just trying to streamline the process and avoid any mistakes.

#2 Yvon Gonthier

Yvon Gonthier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 23 September 2015 - 07:19 AM

You can in the system options. The only thing is that you can't do it at the drawing option level so it becomes your default settings.

Attached Thumbnails

• Area names.JPG

#3 Paul Gsell

Paul Gsell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 23 September 2015 - 07:48 AM

Thanks Yvon! I figured it was in there somewhere. Can I add more "areas"? I know 15 sounds like a lot but I could use some more. I didn't see any way to add more though.

#4 Philip Frank

Philip Frank

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 23 September 2015 - 08:08 AM

Why not just do a "Room Finish Schedule". You can include the area of each room in the schedule and if you already have your rooms defined, you won't have to rename the area names. The Room Finish Schedule is in the "Notes" ribbon.

Phil

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users