4 replies to this topic

#1 Dennis Rogers

Dennis Rogers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 31 March 2023 - 12:09 AM

Is it possible to draw in kitchen cabinet with one section having a hidden pantry behind it and show the cabinet doors open like what is in the attached file?

Attached Thumbnails

• HIdden pantry.png

• Rick Kingsbury likes this

#2 Todd Williard

Todd Williard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 31 March 2023 - 08:14 AM

I believe there used to be a cabinet under the manufactures library that was a pantry walk thru. Its been a while, but it might have been in Decora.

V11-V2024

#3 Bruce Lodge

Bruce Lodge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 March 2023 - 10:38 AM

If I may ask are you using Screen Capture, snip-it or what when posting on here? I have 2 screens so Screen Capture always shows both and then I crop it. Things are usually really clear on the forums and I would like to follow suit.

Thans

#4 Matthew Dunson

Matthew Dunson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 31 March 2023 - 12:33 PM

I think there are many ways you can achieve the hidden pantry as shown in your example, but in short, I do not know of a native integrated feature to open cabinet doors similar to how we can open and close doors in 3D.

What I would do is create the kitchen like you would in real life. In the example photos I attached, I have created the frame for the door with two filler (fridge) end panels (1.5" thick") measuring either 84" or 96" depending on the cabinet manufacturer specs or per your design. Then I created a 36" cabinet above the passageway in between the two filler panels. You could also have the fridge panels be flush with the bottom of the cabinet so that the upper cabinet rests on either filler, but I have seen it done both ways. Next, I used a Back Panel and specified its size to fit the opening that the cabinets create to mimic the door panels. Lastly, I used an Arch 'Flat' opening to create the hole behind the cabinet wall.

To achieve the open and close effect, my approach would be to create two Building Options named 'Open Pantry' and 'Closed Pantry'. What you could do is assign the open door symbols to 'Open Pantry' and closed door symbols to 'Closed Pantry' and vice versa. It will be as simple as toggling each building option (and you can even make it as radio options so that only one option is toggled at a time) until SoftPlan adds support for opening and closing cabinet doors and to assign the degree they open similar to how we can with hinge doors.

Kitchen Pantry Plan View.jpg Kitchen Pantry 3D 1.jpg Kitchen Pantry 3D 2.jpg

@Bruce Lodge, I use the snipping tool built into Windows since it gives me a lot of options to specify cropped areas to screenshot or if I wanted to screenshot individual windows. Typically I save it in JPG when uploading to SoftPlan Forums since the file size is smaller than a PNG. Overall SoftPlan seems to have heavy compression on the images in the forum, so JPG works perfectly when uploading. Also, SoftPlan has a built in Save As Image when in 3D Mode, and I used that for the 3D kitchen images above.

• Bruce Lodge likes this

#5 Dennis Rogers

Dennis Rogers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 03 April 2023 - 12:05 AM

Hey, I appreciate all of the responses.  Todd, I couldn't find the cabinet so I went with Matthew's suggestion which worked out fine.  Don't get me wrong if there were a cabinet available that would make it easier, but for now this works.  Thanks again!

• Matthew Dunson likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users