LPT1 ( rs232) to USB plotter

2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_JP_*

Guest_JP_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2023 - 10:43 AM

So this is a blast from the very distant past but I'm hoping someone can help. I bought my system in 1990 and am still running it today. I've retired and yet still find I can't not draft stuff. My keys are old style 36 pin and of course SP stopped support many years ago. I am downsizing and would like to move from the HP650C I've been using to a HPt210 plotter.That unit is only wireless or USB so my question is whether the key needs to be in the actual line or if I can leave the key in one port and plot from the USB port. The alternative is has anyone used the cables that have 36 pin on one end and USB on the other and found they send data properly. I'm not in business any longer this is just hobby and woodworking 2D drawings. Thanks for any help. Don't want to buy a new plotter until I know it will work but desperately need a smaller footprint.

#2 Gary McKeon

Gary McKeon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • LocationSilverton Oregon

Posted 11 April 2023 - 12:38 PM

Though it has been quite a long time since needing it I do remember using a 36 pin/ USB cable on my old HP800. I don't recall any data issues. 

#3 Don Gibbons

Don Gibbons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 14 April 2023 - 02:00 PM

Yes, you can leave the plotter in one port and the key in another. No, they do not need to be in line with each other to operate.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users